Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Warning

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I am needing help with this quest: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Storm_Warning

I have tried these and still failed:
  • Completely rearranging my deck - for example putting lots and lots of shields/heals
  • Empowerment TC
  • Level 70 Fire Henchman and Water Elemental

My Specially Designed Deck:

• 6 Tower Shields
  • 4 Pixies
  • 5 Satyrs
  • 5 Spirit Armor
  • 4 Sprites
  • 3 Darkwind
  • 4 Healing Currents
  • 3 Water Elementals
  • 7 Sirens
  • 5 Stormblades
  • 7 Thermic Shields
  • 4 Windstorms
  • 2 Reshuffles
  • 5 Elemental Blades
  • 1 Ice Armor TC
  • 1 Spirit Armor TC
  • 10 Empowerment TC
  • 1 Black Mantle TC

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
You should be able to solo this without henchmen. Part of the problem is that your deck is simply too large.

As I understand it, you have to fight three storm enemies, each with around 5700 health.

They resist storm, so you'll want to throw prisms on them. They like to cast 35% tower shields, so use an off-school wand to break their shields without triggering your blades and traps.

Storm enemies deal lots of damage, so storm shields are pretty necessary. They do not cast double hits or ongoing damage spells, so the shields should be very effective.

Killing one of these eels early on should make this fight far more survivable. To do this, pack a Feint, and wear a Jewel of the Feint. These stack, and should combine with a prism and blade to destroy an eel quickly. Make sure you keep a storm shield up to blunt damage from your feint traps. Hit with your most powerful single target spell.

After this, heal up, reshuffle, and repeat.

Proposed deck
Leviathan
Giant (or your best +damage enchant)
Storm Prism
Sprite x3
Feint
Storm Blade
Storm Shield (up to 6 if your deck allows)
Reshuffle-Treasure Card x3
Feint-Item Card (Jewel of the Feint)

Round Plan
0. Make sure you go first. If enemies go first, Flee and restart.

1. Storm shield
2. If Storm shield is still up, feint; otherwise, storm shield.
3. Repeat 2 until both feints are cast on the same enemy. If you run out of shields, just cast feint(s)
4. Storm blade
5. Use shields or pass until you have pips to cast Leviathan (enchanted).If tower shields are up on your target, use a non-Storm wand hit to knock them down.

**At this point, one of the eels should be dead.**
6. Cast both pixies and any remaining shields. Use wand hits to remove tower shields. Once you have a few pips, Draw and Reshuffle.

7. Repeat steps 1-7 for the next eel, only cast a sprite whenever you have a non-power pip and have a shield up. Keep shields up at all times!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Delver
Jul 24, 2015
seethe42 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
They are Ice not Storm. It's not as complex.
Tempest Eels are ... Ice. Huh!

They do boost Myth by a fair amount. The Storm Shields should be replaced by something that instead resists Ice (such as Ice Shield TCs). Otherwise, the same tactic should work.