Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Accuracy

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
I just recently made a Storm character and I am disappointed at the accuracy of this school. I believe 70% is fair but it feels more like 30% accuracy. It's impossible to attack consecutively even with the Storm accuracy spell. Are you sure the accuracy is at 70% like it's supposed to be? I have lost several battles because of this and now I trust my Ice secondary more, never fizzled yet.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Storm has most fizzle since it has strongest spells. Ice is weaker but has better accuracy. For example, the Ice Spell, Evil Snowman, is just as strong as the Storm spell Storm bats, weaker actually. They have less pips and less accuracy but a stronger spell. We have a weak spell and decent accuracy. Its the balance. Also you can wear clothes to boost your accuracy :)

--Talon LF. Near Grandmaster Ice Wizard

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I have a grandmaster storm wizard, and until I reached about level 30, I wanted to give it up. A couple of things happened around then:
1. I got the tempest spell somewhere around then (my deck has 7 of them loaded).
2. Better clothes. The level 30 gear can give you a big boost in your accuracy.

Battling at this point became MUCH MUCH easier!

At this point my ice grandmaster fizzles more than my storm guy does.

Don't give up, believe me. It gets MUCH better! When you are in Dragonspyre and are battling with people, you will get 'WOW's from the other players with your hits!

Adam Firehammer grandmaster storm - Epic Stormzilla

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Totally agree with Rogtim. Storm rocks!

My storm hits at 85% accuracy and has for quite some time. Also, use the storm minion. He draws away the enemies' attacks while you set up your spells. Be sure to attack and defeat in one hit though; if you strike and leave them living, they will come after you!

In the later worlds, storm's power is key. For death and the other "weaker" attack schools, it takes a lot longer to get through battles in DS. With storm, I was through DS in no time.

Stick to it, you won't be disappointed. And have fun!

Defender
May 02, 2010
Well right now I'm a level 16, and I got a couple items that boost my accuracy a little bit, that seems to be helping. I guess all beginner diviners need to go through this.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Yes, in the early stages storm is tough. In fact I was so frustrated, I killed off my first storm wizard!

But definitely stick with it. At level 18 you get your minion which helps a lot. He will only shield and taunt but that keeps the enemies away from you. And given storm's low life, that's a good thing! If you die a couple times, don't worry about, just stick with it. Trust me, you'll be glad you did!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Junebug838 wrote:
Well right now I'm a level 16, and I got a couple items that boost my accuracy a little bit, that seems to be helping. I guess all beginner diviners need to go through this.

Yes, the strategy for the first 17 levels is to survive. At level 18 (which will be somewhere in the Chamber of Fire in Krokotopia, provided you've done all of your side quests), you get the Water Elemental spell. This will summon a Storm Minion, who will taunt the enemies and draw a lot of their attacks towards it, while never triggering your Storm traps. It gives you some time to set up your attacks.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
Not to be mean or anything, but for my storm wizard's storm spells fizzle like life.