Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
I love storm, i really do, but i am getting a bit annoyed. All the other elements have these strategic spells and powerful tricks, but all we get is attacks, traps/blades, shields, and one heal. I know that this is the persona of the storm wizard, and that a storm wizard tops the pvp boards, but it is a bit annoying. Do not misinterpret me, though. I am not saying that we need stronger attacks. What do you think?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Storm does have abilities other than attacks too. Disarm, Cleanse Charm, and Enfeeble are all powerful tools in addition to the multiple after-effects in many Storm attack spells.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
i think storm is strong enough; they are meant to have strong attack every school has something others don't is know to be the second strongest and most of the spells are damage over time have second most critical and are meant for hammering. is kinda weak it's the sixth strongest but they have the most health and most block most resist and are meant for tanking is the weakest of the seven schools but it has the most healing spells giving them an advantage since most schools have one or too healing spells making them good at healing is the third strongest school they can summon a lot of minions giving them an advantage and has good spells that come in handy some times like shift by taking a damage over time and giving it to the enemy making this school good for hammering is really the weakest when it comes to attacking but since it takes half the damage turning it into healing so for that reason it's put up to fifth place this school has almost as much resist and block as and it has the second most health in the game is really over powered when it reaches a certain level making this school fourth place all of it's stats are balanced out making this school one third of hammer one third of healing and one third at tanking is the strongest school of them all mostly doesn't have an after effect after the attack but sirens kinda made it good with after affect by damaging smoke screen and getting rid of blades to all enemies and levyithan gets rid of blades as well has the most damage most critical and most pierce

this means every school balanced out other wise if storm were any stronger every one would be storm, storm is a good school already in my opinion.

hope this helped

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
2019amisany on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
I love storm, i really do, but i am getting a bit annoyed. All the other elements have these strategic spells and powerful tricks, but all we get is attacks, traps/blades, shields, and one heal. I know that this is the persona of the storm wizard, and that a storm wizard tops the pvp boards, but it is a bit annoying. Do not misinterpret me, though. I am not saying that we need stronger attacks. What do you think?
Like Seethe said, Storm does have some tactical spells, but honestly, Storm does one thing really well: deal damage. If you like more tactical gameplay, choose Balance. By the way, wrong section.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2013
logan deathwizard ... on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
i think storm is strong enough; they are meant to have strong attack every school has something others don't is know to be the second strongest and most of the spells are damage over time have second most critical and are meant for hammering. is kinda weak it's the sixth strongest but they have the most health and most block most resist and are meant for tanking is the weakest of the seven schools but it has the most healing spells giving them an advantage since most schools have one or too healing spells making them good at healing is the third strongest school they can summon a lot of minions giving them an advantage and has good spells that come in handy some times like shift by taking a damage over time and giving it to the enemy making this school good for hammering is really the weakest when it comes to attacking but since it takes half the damage turning it into healing so for that reason it's put up to fifth place this school has almost as much resist and block as and it has the second most health in the game is really over powered when it reaches a certain level making this school fourth place all of it's stats are balanced out making this school one third of hammer one third of healing and one third at tanking is the strongest school of them all mostly doesn't have an after effect after the attack but sirens kinda made it good with after affect by damaging smoke screen and getting rid of blades to all enemies and levyithan gets rid of blades as well has the most damage most critical and most pierce

this means every school balanced out other wise if storm were any stronger every one would be storm, storm is a good school already in my opinion.

hope this helped
Ok I know this might cause some trouble but i don't think that myth is stronger than death. And death also has more damage than myth and death solos more than myth. And death gets health back while attacking which can be strong. I am sorry if I disappoint you in any way, but thats my opinion. And storm is beast as well :D I love it. Storm is my secondary school i love it so much! 100 100 and 100

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
theefreetmaster on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Ok I know this might cause some trouble but i don't think that myth is stronger than death. And death also has more damage than myth and death solos more than myth. And death gets health back while attacking which can be strong. I am sorry if I disappoint you in any way, but thats my opinion. And storm is beast as well :D I love it. Storm is my secondary school i love it so much! 100 100 and 100
Myth doesn't need help soloing, Death needs a lot of help. As someone who has played both through all, Myth is by far the easier one for solo play. My Myth is the only school I have played that easily solos everything in the game including Tartarus. Exalted

Survivor
Sep 09, 2013
ok storm is epic but I think they get pretty fed up with there spells I mean why did someone make tempest for storm there should be a tempest for every school but the triton card is super overpowered

this is noah darksword a student bbbbbllllleeeeesssss you all

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Storm spells do a lot of damage. Whenever I fight enemies who are storm, they cast really powerful spells like triton, and storm lord, really powerful. I almost get killed with storm spells! Myth hardly has heals, I know that because I'm in myth. We all have attacks, blades, and traps. Storm is unique and awesome!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
noah darksword on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
ok storm is epic but I think they get pretty fed up with there spells I mean why did someone make tempest for storm there should be a tempest for every school but the triton card is super overpowered

Are you kidding? Remember, we have NO health. Our attacks are fine. And NOBODY should touch tempest; other schools get jealous because that spell is SO AMAZE. I will literally quit if tempest is taken away from Storm.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
logan deathwizard ... on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:

hope this helped
first off ice not that weak

ice is for resistance block and has the best blocks you can get in the game down side weak power

fire best for it over time spell and it critical rating down side it dose not always get great resistance

death great for healing when you hitting ok resistance and good traps and blade down side most spell take heath and power ok

life best at healing great accuracy down side power level weak and you don't get many hit spells

storm best for over power hits down side accuracy and heath and there resistance ok most the time

myth best for cheats summons down side they are a little weak and fall with ice and life power level but they do make up for it in there cheats and summons resistance ok same with most of there state

balance great for yous in all school and blocking all school and blades and traps down side weak traps weak blades ok power resistance ok and so is most of there states

but ever sent the updates everything mess up right now so now not all these things are the same most weakness get fix even ice gets way more power so truthfully were both wrong because from wt i see the top 3 classes right now are

you can look it up if you don't bleave me ice got so much resistance it like frozen armor storm power one hit kills everything with blocks or with out life get x amount of heals now even from pet and out going so ya it gone crazy but right now that's all i know
but that how the classes are supost to be like on the bored i put up listen strong point and weakness but now there gone and it about one hit kill and bigger level no skill needed anymore

Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
I totally agree. Some people.. well, they dislike storm. They say we are TOO powerful. My best reply is," well, you are way too "health savvy." I'm not asking for a totally powerful spell. But.. What gets on my nerves so much is that balance spell. 100 damage per pip- I mean.. It only attacks one player, but aren't we supposed to be the powerhouse school? The so called "tankers?" Y'know what'd be really nice? A world. I told somebody this, and they said, "Oh, well Celestia is close enough..." It's not. We don't have a super advanced school. We have the, no offense, lamest wc town. The easiest one. Kind of an outrage. I have one wizard, and that's storm. Storm is the only school I'd even dream of doing. But it's getting harder, y'know? I'm lvl 35. The low health is beginning to outweigh our attacks. By a lot. 1v1 dueling? Forget it. Nope. Teaming is the only way I can accomplish a lot. My cruddy health is bad. It's pretty sad. I had to farm a dungeon to get awesome stats gear, and some balance wizard, lvl 30, wearing no crown robes and stuff? Still had more health. It's pretty ridiculous. Glad to see someone who agrees. Justice to storm. Peace out.

Destiny GriffinBreeze

Survivor
May 09, 2014
noah darksword on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:

for real? almost every other school has a damage to all enemies spell that you learn from your teacher, has meteor strike, has blizzard, has humongo frog, has the scarecrow or whatever, I don't think has a damage spell to all enemies, but they do have unicorn, which heals all teammates, and tempest is only damage to all enemies spell and students have to go on A QUEST to get it when other schools just learn it from their teacher so really, it is kind of unfair to students

Alex Waterstone

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
xdivinerx714 on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
for real? almost every other school has a damage to all enemies spell that you learn from your teacher, has meteor strike, has blizzard, has humongo frog, has the scarecrow or whatever, I don't think has a damage spell to all enemies, but they do have unicorn, which heals all teammates, and tempest is only damage to all enemies spell and students have to go on A QUEST to get it when other schools just learn it from their teacher so really, it is kind of unfair to students

Alex Waterstone
Tempest is the only X pip AOE spell. Storm also has Storm Lord and Sirens for AOE. There's absolutely nothing unfair to storm about this in any way. Tempest remains one of the most effective and powerful AOE spells in the game, you cannot compare it to all the weak 4 pip spells of other schools.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009

Alex Waterstone
Unicorn is not learned from a teacher. It is a spell quest.

Scarecrow is also a spell quest.

All the spells you get from a spell quest are unique to that school, which means all of the mass attacks storm gets cannot be learned by other schools.

I have played this game since May of 2009. What I have learned is that there is no weak or strong schools. What determines the strength of a wizard is the person controlling it.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011

Alex Waterstone
BTW life has forest lord and storm has sirens, storm lord and tempest. next time befor emaking a post;do some research.

Ethan ShadowThorn - Storm - Lvl 82

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
2019amisany on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Are you kidding? Remember, we have NO health. Our attacks are fine. And NOBODY should touch tempest; other schools get jealous because that spell is SO AMAZE. I will literally quit if tempest is taken away from Storm.
Yeah i know right. sotrm is supposed to be overpowered. it is our specialthing, life heaks and fire does DoT we do damage.

i agree with 2019amisany

Ethan ShadowThorn - Storm - Lvl 82