Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stitch glitch

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I got Baconator Set gear today, and stitched its stats onto some random other nice looking clothes. The stats tab in my profile/spellbook shows all the correct upgrades to damage, resist, accuracy, and pip chance.

So I'm sure that I did the stitching correctly and should have the boosted stats.

But in actual battles, this is definitely not the case. I noticed I'm fizzling a lot more than normal, maybe resolving 50-60% of my spells. To make sure it wasn't just a bad run of luck, I went to Unicorn Way and fielded a deck of just sharks, and counted fizzles. I've resolved about 105/200 so far, well below the expected 84%.

My native accuracy is 70% and the previous gear I wore before using the stitched gear, gave me 13% boost which was easily perceptible.

Is there something about stitching that I'm missing, or is it broken? Does this gear secretly actually give you a -14% accuracy modifier?

Would it be possible to restore the promised 14% accuracy boost by unstitching? Or have I wasted my crowns and having anything further to do with these glitched garments is throwing good money after bad? Is there a way someone at KI can look at the actual stats (not the reported ones) and see if this crowns gear set has a problem?

FYI all the other attributes of the clothes seem to be working as advertised: global resist, damage, and energy are all properly boosted.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
crunkatog on May 13, 2013 wrote:
I got Baconator Set gear today, and stitched its stats onto some random other nice looking clothes. The stats tab in my profile/spellbook shows all the correct upgrades to damage, resist, accuracy, and pip chance.

So I'm sure that I did the stitching correctly and should have the boosted stats.

But in actual battles, this is definitely not the case. I noticed I'm fizzling a lot more than normal, maybe resolving 50-60% of my spells. To make sure it wasn't just a bad run of luck, I went to Unicorn Way and fielded a deck of just sharks, and counted fizzles. I've resolved about 105/200 so far, well below the expected 84%.

My native accuracy is 70% and the previous gear I wore before using the stitched gear, gave me 13% boost which was easily perceptible.

Is there something about stitching that I'm missing, or is it broken? Does this gear secretly actually give you a -14% accuracy modifier?

Would it be possible to restore the promised 14% accuracy boost by unstitching? Or have I wasted my crowns and having anything further to do with these glitched garments is throwing good money after bad? Is there a way someone at KI can look at the actual stats (not the reported ones) and see if this crowns gear set has a problem?

FYI all the other attributes of the clothes seem to be working as advertised: global resist, damage, and energy are all properly boosted.
I hate to tell you this, but the stats you came up with are just fine. There is always a chance of fizzling...even with 100% accuracy. And it is per round, i.e. each time you choose to cast your spell, you could fizzle by whatever rate it is. There is no way to guarantee a spell will not fizzle, unless it is one of those rare 100% spells.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I have never heard of a -14% accuracy gear so I don't think that's your problem.
I would recommend taking the gear off and putting the old gear back on. Then take the old gear off and put the new gear on. There could be an error or something and putting on different gear could clear out the error. Don't hold me to that though .

Also, it may have just not been your day when you were fizzling a lot but who knows,

I hope this helped !

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Hehe, I think I got like three different undead badges that night after testing this gear in Unicorn Way.

I logged out and came back the next day with the new gear still on. I noticed an improvement in my accuracy so it must have been a bit of delay between putting on the gear and having the stat boosts applied. I was still in Unicorn Way so I tested a bit more and found overall accuracy was around 85-87%.

My roommate also pointed out that when I stitched the gear, I was wearing the set of clothes the stats would be applied to.

These clothes had no particular stat boosts, they just looked nice. So there was a brief time when I was wearing just the clothes without the stat boost. He reasoned that the server possibly saved a snapshot of my stats during this time, before the stitching occurred.

After logging off and back on the next day, the stats were updated on login and I receive full bonus (thanks to these bonuses, I've now quickly outgrown the clothes I stitched and am now wearing crafted WT gear.)

That's the only explanation I can come up with that makes sense - I don't know how player data is tracked in real time. I just thought that a sample size of 200 would be enough to rule out bad luck as a cause of accuracy loss.

From here I guess whenever I swap equipment, it makes sense to log out and back on to make sure stats are updated and saved...