Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stealing personal info?!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2009
Well a couple days ago i saw this girl in the commons she was telling everyone "free crowns".
then my friend went up to her and said "ok i want them and how do i get them?"
she told her "come to my house".
and i ported to her just to make sure nothing bad is gonna happen.(like stolen cards or something innocent)
And the girl said "ok where do you live? how do you get home? what school you go to?" and more.
And then i whispered to my friend "dont tell her because she is stealing personal info" and more.

But my friend insisted on doing it and i kept telling her "dont do it!" dont do it"! "your personal info shouldn't be on the line for crowns!)!!"
but she did it now i am afraid whoever this is might come after her. :(
So now i am by her side everywhere she goes no matter where she is. (besides the bathroom lol).
Anyway i reported her i believe or she did i dont remember but which ever of us did she should get banned or chat taken away from that problem.

Anyway i hope nothin happens (no she never got the crowns if any of you guys ask!)

This IS a reportable offense correct?

Cya round the spiral wizards and wish me luck

Administrator
Tigerstrikesgirl wrote:

Very much so! Please tell me you reported this person - if you report someone Mr Lincoln gets a direct message and can act quickly.

Otherwise he has to rely on the people who scan the chat to catch it.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Professor please tell me that all chats venues are scanned?

please some people thing that text chat and group chat and
chat in houses are not scanned for content.
I believe that are for cyber security and legal security as well.

Administrator
Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are routinely checked for infractions that are not reported.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Tigerstrikesgirl wrote:
Well a couple days ago i saw this girl in the commons she was telling everyone "free crowns".
then my friend went up to her and said "ok i want them and how do i get them?"
she told her "come to my house".
and i ported to her just to make sure nothing bad is gonna happen.(like stolen cards or something innocent)
And the girl said "ok where do you live? how do you get home? what school you go to?" and more.
And then i whispered to my friend "dont tell her because she is stealing personal info" and more.

But my friend insisted on doing it and i kept telling her "dont do it!" dont do it"! "your personal info shouldn't be on the line for crowns!)!!"
but she did it now i am afraid whoever this is might come after her. :(
So now i am by her side everywhere she goes no matter where she is. (besides the bathroom lol).
Anyway i reported her i believe or she did i dont remember but which ever of us did she should get banned or chat taken away from that problem.

Anyway i hope nothin happens (no she never got the crowns if any of you guys ask!)

Cya round the spiral wizards and wish me luck
it's pretty evident why that personal info thief wanted to take your friend to her house, so no member of kingsisle could catch her stealing personal info (if there was any members at the commons) .

Blaze Duskstone legendary conjurer