Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Staff: Please creat a housing "Boot Guest" Button

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Dear W101 devs,
I have had a very bad experience recently dealing with having people at my house who I absolutely do not want at my house at that time. I tried to calmly get everyone out of my house but it did not work out that well, I ended up having to report multiple people for refusing to leave. I would love to share the full story, but only only to the devs at the moment. Please, devs if you have a place where you can make a mass report with more than a sentence for explination I would LOVE a link.

Sincerely,
Sean EmeraldWeaver (Zeet)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
oh my gosh that would be so perfect

same thing happened here.

my friend wanted to see my house but when her port he got stuck in something so he kept calling all his friends to check it out. eventually some one tried to take it over.(btw i have the grand fortress house) so they kept saying that it was their castle :( . later on i just left to my other castle. (mooshu place)

so i beg you plz plz plz get a boot button. i dont report people cuz then those peoples friends report.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I totally agree! I have had TERRIBLE expeirinces!! Hope they make something to kick people out!

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
Me too! One person ported to me, and then his friend ported to him, and then HIS friend ported (long story short, ten people were there lol). KI PLEASE!
On Webkinz you could boot people out of your house! It's true ya know :D

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
THANK YOU! And I see 74 people have LOOKED at this board, if you look, please answer if you agree, we need to get the dev's attention,
Sean E.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Agree 100%. There should be a way to remove unwanted people from your own place.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Survivor
May 01, 2009
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
LucarioAura45 wrote:
Me too! One person ported to me, and then his friend ported to him, and then HIS friend ported (long story short, ten people were there lol). KI PLEASE!
On Webkinz you could boot people out of your house! It's true ya know :D

DITTO!

DEV put in a new page in the buddy list window that has a small check mark box
next to each friends name, If the button is checked then that friend can enter or port to your home, If not they can not port.
OR make it like the ignore page but this page is for the friends who you let port to you when you at your home.

and for total privocy just uncheck all the names or remove names.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I agree too. I like my isolation, thank you very much!

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
You poor thing it happens once someone ports to you and they have a firend and so on and son on. But while agree with that expelling folks from your house can be ok, I think you need to think before you ADD someone who does not resepect your privacy enough to leave when you ask them.

If someone ports to me without asking I call it jumping. And those people i remove from my list without conversation. In fact I will often tell them that before adding anyone I feel might be young or low level to my list.

I help people sometimes, and to do that i have to add them. But if i keep them longer than it takes to help they i tell them up front if they port to me without asking i will remove them.

That has been my only defense. Since there is no way to stap someone from porting to you, you have to tell them what you will do if they do port and you did not approve first. Harsh? kinda. But it works for me.

I don't want to be popular in Wizard 101, I am not a kid I have a life and I have friends. So if you want me to add you to MY list you have to respect my privacy. Truely anyone who does not is not your friend at all.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
I completely agree also. I went to eat, and when i came back, OVER FIFTY PPL were at my house! i TRIED getting rid of them by saying for them to get out, but someone said it was his bday( :? ). so i had to wait untill TOMORROW to get in my house alone!

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
I wonder what happens to uninvited guests if you change houses, disable your house or log off?

I've only had this happen to me once. And the issue wasn't the invited guest but all the people who were porting to him and showing up. A boot button would be great.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
I completely agree. A right to one's own house not only as a place of privacy but as a place where one can be without consequence, insults, annoyances, etc. would be a virtue.

Hero
May 27, 2009
How long can people stay at your house after you yourself leave? That is a question I had because I was at a friend's house, and he left, but I didn't get ported back to the Commons or anything. If there were a short time limit (I hate to say it, but, LIKE TOONTOWN) unwanted guests get booted back to the Commons after five seconds.

Just be glad they can't mess with your stuff or break anything...

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I totally agree.

5 mins. ago I had in couting 12 people at my house.

My house was even the smaller one frome wiz city!

Best regards Travis SoulGiver Lv. 41 diviner

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
YES I WANT THIS PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PPLZ
Like One time i had a girl folowling me saying "WHY DONT YOU HEART ME" I traped her and she ported. Also i went to the rest room came back there was over a 100 people at my house
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice idea
Cya in the spiral
Alex wildbreaker
lvl 46 fire wizard

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Sojourna wrote:
You poor thing it happens once someone ports to you and they have a firend and so on and son on. But while agree with that expelling folks from your house can be ok, I think you need to think before you ADD someone who does not resepect your privacy enough to leave when you ask them.

If someone ports to me without asking I call it jumping. And those people i remove from my list without conversation. In fact I will often tell them that before adding anyone I feel might be young or low level to my list.

I help people sometimes, and to do that i have to add them. But if i keep them longer than it takes to help they i tell them up front if they port to me without asking i will remove them.

That has been my only defense. Since there is no way to stap someone from porting to you, you have to tell them what you will do if they do port and you did not approve first. Harsh? kinda. But it works for me.

I don't want to be popular in Wizard 101, I am not a kid I have a life and I have friends. So if you want me to add you to MY list you have to respect my privacy. Truely anyone who does not is not your friend at all.

i only take text people just so i can tell them ask before porting and make sure your friends will to,One time is a mistake to times is a lecture three times is a deleat.that helps to keep the number of unwanteds down, but does not stop them.switching homes or leaving leaves them there in your home. granted they can't do anything, but just the same my home is mine i want to say who can be in it and who can't.
I went to my home, so i could quietly spin while in real life i walked my dog. I came back to a house full of people, not one was my friend and i was asked to leave my home because they said it was it was there home and that i was invading there privacy!!! i have not found out which of my friends 'opened the door' for the rude people who were in my home, but be sure when i do they will be removed from my friends list

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Alex1646 wrote:
YES I WANT THIS PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PPLZ
Like One time i had a girl folowling me saying "WHY DONT YOU HEART ME" I traped her and she ported. Also i went to the rest room came back there was over a 100 people at my house
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice idea
Cya in the spiral
Alex wildbreaker
lvl 46 fire wizard

gee i wonder if they were some of the same ones in my house telling me it was theres? i left to get away from everyone an hour later i went to use my bank and the house and grounds were full of a party and NOT ONE PERSON WAS ON MY FRIENDS LIST there needs to be some kind of limit as to who can be in your home

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Yes i think a boot button is necessary. every time i invite any of my friends that are on my list to my house someone always seem to think they have to port before asking. HOW ANNOYING!

Angela Suncaster lvl 46 Theurgist.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2008
Willowdreamer wrote:
How long can people stay at your house after you yourself leave? That is a question I had because I was at a friend's house, and he left, but I didn't get ported back to the Commons or anything. If there were a short time limit (I hate to say it, but, LIKE TOONTOWN) unwanted guests get booted back to the Commons after five seconds.

Just be glad they can't mess with your stuff or break anything...

I so agree with this 100% and to add to that in TT if your friend is at your house and their friend tries to port to them that friend gets a pop up windows saying this toon is at a friends house your not on their friend list(or something like that,its been to long since I been on)I don't care for other wizards at my house that I don't know and yes I am so glad they can't steal or tear things up but still it's a unnerving to know when you leave your house wizards are still there doing who knows what and have " secret parties"

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
i have had the same thing happen to me..and i will tell ya what i do..

i box them in with house items like wall sections or the jail cell you get from quest in mb. this traps them in tha area and the only choice they have is to port out...this will only work if you remove them from your list before you box them in.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
I also agree we need a way to rid ourselves of unwanted or uninvited quests. I've been lucky so far and only had 1 or 2 players port in without asking. The first time it happened, the player realized where they were and promptly left. The second time I reminded the player that I expect to be asked permission before they port to me.

I also keep my friends list down and I'll remove players who port to me without permission. I go to my place to relax and have privacy.