Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stacking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
ravenhawk714 wrote:
Am trying to learn about stacking, anyone have any helpul hints for me?
:-)

Take several blocks and put them on top of each other.

This question isn't complete and doesn't belong in this forum.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
ravenhawk714 wrote:

Total (Stacked) damage = Z

Shields, weakness, resist = -X%, -XA%, -XB%.

-X% + -XA% + -XB% = -R%

Gear boost/blade/trap/aura/ = +Y%, +YA%, +YB%, +YC%

Y% + YA% +YB% +YC% = B%

Z = -R% + B%

Easy.

Historian
May 01, 2010
ravenhawk714 wrote:

As in stacking traps blades etc. I am guessing.

1) Everything that has a different percentage, or different "card color" (blue=pet/gear, yellow=treasure, school color=school spell) can be laid on the enemy, and they all trigger, two things to know: one, two natural feints (the actual death spell), cannot be stacked (if you and your enemy both use it) and pet's may cast talents (most notably the trap and blades) are also stackable.

2) Treasure cards that have different percentages, but the same card, are stackable.

3) Converts. These, as you probably know by now, switch the school of the spell. They can also use the versions of your opposite school's traps, though you need to be careful in the placing of these traps. The first traps you put on, are always going to be the last off. So, if you put your school traps on, then convert, then get an opposite school wizard to put his traps on, nothing will trigger exept maybe one or two traps and the convert. Though if you put the opposite's traps on first, then convert, then your traps, hopefully they will all trigger.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ravenhawk714 wrote:

Read this thread and be sure to read the whole thread. The theory works the same for traps and blades. The bottom line is stacking is 1.) using the same spell with three different versions (regular, treasure and item) and 2.) using in combination with different spells to keep adding up the damage counter.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/40275.ftl#225930

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
ravenhawk714 wrote:

You mean by stacking up blades and traps for more damage?

- An attack can be critically boosted (without the critical) if you know how to use it the right way with prisms. If you are facing an Death enemy, for example, you can use death traps and blades, pull out a death prism to convert it to life damage, which is the boost of a Death opponent, and deal a large amount with an death attack spell. I recommend, however, you don't use specific death traps as they will sometimes activate out of order and you can end up with the prism activating first. Since now the would-be death damage is now life damage, the death trap will not activate, so it will just be a waste. I would recommend you use universal traps, such as Feint, Hex, and Curse as they will activate no matter what type of damage confronts it. Also, it is best you do not lay two prisms that oppose each school on one opponent, as if they activate out of order, they can mess up the activating order of your traps at the maximum amount.

- A trap/blade will never activate over each other if you stack the same version of that blade/trap on each other. For example, if you train Elemental Blade and cast two of them, trained version, any Fire, Ice, or Storm damage will only take one of the blades to use instead of both. If you want to stack a large amount of the same blades/traps over each other and have them all activate, you will need to use different versions. Different versions of a blade/trap include treasure card and amulet versions. If you cast an Elemental Blade card that you trained, and then another that is a treasure card, and then one more that came from an amulet, then when an Fire, Ice, or Storm attack is made, all three of the blades will activate at the same time.

- If your opponent has an boost that is exactly the type of attack spells you have, and if you have the time to do so, there is another booster. If you are fighting an Life enemy, which resists to Life damage and boosts to Death damage, you can lay out a bunch of death blades and traps, pull out an Death prism, do an death attack, and, if you have any universal or life traps, they will be activated by the death damage that is converted to life damage. Since the damage is now life, any life traps will activate to it. Now that the damage is even more boosted, you can then pull out a life prism and convert it back into Death damage because if you don't it will still be life damage and the opponent will resist to it. Combined with a opposing school boost, that should be a painful hit.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah, what the above guys said regarding what can or can't be stacked.

FYI little formulas are wrong since total damage is a function of compounding.

So if T were the total damage at the end and B is base damage including gear and potion % boosts, D is each blade/+aura/trap% and R is each resist/shield/-aura %, it basically looks like this.

T=(B*X1

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Hit submit by mistake. Ooops.

Anyway, what the folks above said. :-)

I was just trying to lay out the total damage formulae, of which I was mistaken in first reply, since the damage is compounded and not additive. (Keep forgetting that).

So it's more like total damage T= Rtt

Where B = Base damage including gear/pet/potion boost %,
Bt = D = Each aura/blade/trap% and
Rt = R = Each resist/weakness/shield/aura%

Where Bt = (((B*D1+B=Bd1(Bd1*D2+Bd1=Bd2(Bd2*D3+Bd2=B3...)))B3

Where Rtt = (((B3*R1+R1=BRr1(BRr1*R2+Rr1=BRr2(BRr2*R3+BRr2=BR3...)))BR3

So plugging in simple numbers to make it clear we have...

B=1000, D1=.5, D2=.75, D3=.5, R1=-.5, R2=-.25, R3=-.43

Bt=(((1000*.5+1000=1500(1500*.75+1500=2625(2625*.5+2625=3938...)))3938

Rtt=(((3938*-.5+3938=1969(1969*-.25+1969=1477(1477*-.43+1477=842...)))842

T=Rtt=842

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:

Take several blocks and put them on top of each other.

This question isn't complete and doesn't belong in this forum.

Okay what? Really? "doesnt belong in this form" according to whom?

Again i will keep pointing out this because I think KI should stop allow this.

People come to this board to ASK QUESTIONS not have their questions rated by importance of other members. If you are a member and you read a post on this that you do not like or think is silly or not worthy then move on and get over yourself. No one needed you to telll anyone here they are not worthy because they did not phrase the question in a way you understood. Others ask more questions got answers and helped.

You simply ridiculed the poster and ....did you help anyone? NO!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Sorry, wrong kind of stacking Was referring to the furniture floating variety, lol. Have seen castle type editions to homes, and built structures flaoting in "unreachable" places. I know the basics, and learn new things each time, but any help would be better than none, lol. Sorry for for the misunderstanding. :-)