Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sprite Guardian

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
I made a Life wizard a few days ago, and recently got Sprite Guardian. But for some reason it's mostly casting sprite on itself instead of me and attacking with Imp which sometimes ruins my traps. What some of us would like Sprite Guardian to do is only cast Guiding Light on itself, as well as giving Life Blades and Life Traps, and do healing on other players. I would also like Sprite Guardian to cast stronger life attack spells such as Leprechaun or Nature's Wrath.

Anyone agree?

Hero
May 27, 2009
I think yours is about the 57th thread I've seen on this topic. All of the different school minions have their strengths and weaknesses. You, the wizard, need to learn how best to use this minion, given it's style of play. At least this minion will heal you. None of the other minions will do that except the Myth minion Cyclops summoned with 4 pips.

My Life Grand soloed almost the entire game using this minion and the Sanctuary spell. There were times I had to actually heal myself, or she busted my trap set up with an imp, but I learned how to work around that. Give yourself time and you will too.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Yes, the Sprite Guardian is still an idiot. I would prefer that she not attack at all (or make it a very little chance to do so). She needs to stop casting Guiding Light on others and stop healing herself over and over.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The idea of a minion is to add support, not become another full-fledged player.

The sprite won't heal a wizard unless a wizard is missing a significant amount of health. If no wizard is missing as much health as Fairy or Centaur restores (i.e. not over 400 or 800, respectively), she won't cast those spells. Instead, she'll cast a Sprite spell on herself or a wizard, cast Guiding Light on herself or a wizard, cast Unicorn, or cast Imp on a random enemy.

That said, you can put a Tower Shield on a Sprite and usually count on her being around for the entire battle and taking care of you when you get into trouble.