Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
I am a level 50 death wizard but im also using storm spells from training points i want to learn storm lord really bad is there like a pet or gear that i can have to get storm lord cause i dont feel like making a new storm wizard and leveling him up plz reply

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Storm owl boy on May 8, 2014 wrote:
I am a level 50 death wizard but im also using storm spells from training points i want to learn storm lord really bad is there like a pet or gear that i can have to get storm lord cause i dont feel like making a new storm wizard and leveling him up plz reply
You can get the Storm Lord spell as an "item" card. For example, it can come with certain boots or a pendant or armor. This link gives details on it:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/ItemCard:Storm_Lord

On that link, you can click on the blue highlighted items for more details.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
The amulet Storm Lord's Pendant gives you one storm lord card and is dropped from bosses in Celestia.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The previous posts aren't really that helpful, no offense. The amulet and Sidhe boots are Storm School Only items and all non-school items are only available in Bundles. So realistically the answer to your question is that unless you buy the Atlantean, Olympian or Mega Bundles you cannot get a Storm Lord item card on a non-storm wizard. Only The Olympian Bundle is available online and you must be level 70+ to use the armor with Storm Lord. Mega was discontinued and Atlantean is only available in stores. You can buy treasure cards, but only in the later part of Khrysalis after the Eclipse tower when you are well into the 90+ levels. The only real option at your level if you want to use Storm Lord is to camp out in the Bazaar and try to buy Treasure Card versions or find a lvl 95+ wizard to go to Khrysalis and buy them for you and trade. Much easier just to make a Storm wizard in my opinion.

Historian
May 15, 2009
seethe42 on May 9, 2014 wrote:
The previous posts aren't really that helpful, no offense. The amulet and Sidhe boots are Storm School Only items and all non-school items are only available in Bundles. So realistically the answer to your question is that unless you buy the Atlantean, Olympian or Mega Bundles you cannot get a Storm Lord item card on a non-storm wizard. Only The Olympian Bundle is available online and you must be level 70+ to use the armor with Storm Lord. Mega was discontinued and Atlantean is only available in stores. You can buy treasure cards, but only in the later part of Khrysalis after the Eclipse tower when you are well into the 90+ levels. The only real option at your level if you want to use Storm Lord is to camp out in the Bazaar and try to buy Treasure Card versions or find a lvl 95+ wizard to go to Khrysalis and buy them for you and trade. Much easier just to make a Storm wizard in my opinion.
seethe I don't know where you got your information, but the storm lord pendant can be equipped by anyone.
I have had them myself so I know what I am talking about xD

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
seethe42 on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Not quite correct...

The Storm Lord pendant is "any" school, and it gives one item card:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Storm_Lord%27s_Pendant

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The problem here is that you're a death wizard and you trained storm. In general, never train off-school spells for attacks. It may work until around DS, but your school spells will quickly overtake them. You cannot learn past Stormzilla, so even if you get a Storm mastery your school spells will get better, up to Avenging Fossil and beyond. You also do not get any of the supporting spells for other schools, such as Stormblade.

Overall, just stick to your primary school and train Life to Satyr, maybe Ice to tower.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
My mistake about the amulet, but everything else was correct. Robobot1747 is also correct that it's really not worth it trying to use off-school attack spells even with mastery amulets (which you clearly could not use if wearing the Storm Lord Pendant). Your gear and school buff spells will always give better boosts than trying to rely on off school spells.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Might want to consider a pet hatch, there are pretty good storm pets out there that give nice item cards. This would allow you to use a mastery amulet to make it more pip effective.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
about the hatch one I hatch all the time I hatch my pet siren my firezilla even my storm helephant but I always end up with the same dang pet or some stupid jade oni pet

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Storm owl boy on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
about the hatch one I hatch all the time I hatch my pet siren my firezilla even my storm helephant but I always end up with the same dang pet or some stupid jade oni pet
That's how hatching works. With the rare exception of a hybrid, you will always get back one of the parent pets.