Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spelldeck help!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I got alot of great cards. I am using the Deck of the Aurora. 40 max spells, 4 copies, sideboard 14. But when I get into battle the cards I need never come up! It's really irritating that I have to use what it shows. Why can't I just pick from all my cards? Instead I have to use the ones they show. Sorry if I am confusing, I just don't know how else to say it. lol Help!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator
Just like when you're playing a normal card game like Hearts or Gin, you have to use the cards you're dealt, not the whole deck.

You can right click to discard any cards you know you're not going to use in this battle, and either Draw a Treasure Card, or Pass your turn and your cards will be filled in from your deck.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
May 15, 2009
The larger your deck, the less reliable your chances are of your drawing the eight that you want; keep your deck as small as possible. I generally carry ~24 cards.

Discarding will replace those cards on the next turn's draw.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Just like when you're playing a normal card game like Hearts or Gin, you have to use the cards you're dealt, not the whole deck.

You can right click to discard any cards you know you're not going to use in this battle, and either Draw a Treasure Card, or Pass your turn and your cards will be filled in from your deck.

In a long battle if you do that you CAN and WILL run out of cards, and that is not a bit of fun. BTDT

Defender
May 06, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

In a long battle if you do that you CAN and WILL run out of cards, and that is not a bit of fun. BTDT

THAT is why I always keep 2 reshuffle cards in my deck, the first one I discard as soon as it pops up, the second and subsequence ones I use when I only have a few cards in my hand to give me more cards. This way my deck is infinant.