Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Son is upset, tried to redeem gift card but..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
We just purchased a $10 gift card and when my son tried to redeem it, it said his account was closed. Instead of notifying us beforehand, the system took the card number anyway... and now it's unusable!

Note: I signed into this message board with the same account information... how come I can login here yet not the game?

Please help. This is his birthday money.

Thanks

Administrator
No worries, young Wizard, we'll sort this all out!

I see this account as being active and under no type of sanction or ban.

The gift card was successfully redeemed on 2009-11-15 21:47:15.0 and a confirmation email was sent to the email address associated with your account.

It seems as though you are just having trouble logging in to the game. Mr Lincoln is your go-to stork for just this sort of thing.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: <a href="mailto:support@wizard101.com">support@wizard101.com</a>, and please include your account username.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Thanks for replying. It seems my son made the mistake of redeeming the gift card into an older account... not his newer one. Can we switch the redemption to his new account?

(Easy mistake since he hadn't played the game in a while)

Thanks again for the prompt reply...

Administrator
I'm not sure this can be done or not, but it never hurts to ask.

Just send Mr Lincoln an email detailing what happened and the accounts involved.

You can reach him at <a href="mailto:support@wizard101.com">support@wizard101.com</a>

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
bearabbey wrote:
We just purchased a $10 gift card and when my son tried to redeem it, it said his account was closed. Instead of notifying us beforehand, the system took the card number anyway... and now it's unusable!

Note: I signed into this message board with the same account information... how come I can login here yet not the game?

Please help. This is his birthday money.

Thanks

[/quote=SparklyMarlyn] I am sorry but this was the only place i could find to state my problem. I am having a similar problem. I bought a $20 gift card with my birthday money and when i redeemed it i only got the 10000 crowns, but no pet :-( . It didn't appear on my screen, and was no where in my backpack or my bank. I am positive i did everything i was supposed to, so if you could please tell me as soon as possible what i did wrong and how it can be fixed it i would appreciate it greatly.
Thanks</div>
</blockquote>

Administrator
If you were unable to get your item in the game from a code you redeemed on the website, please know that we have fixed this bug.

The next time you log in to Wizard101 the game, you can claim your gift!

If you still do not see the gift pet, please contact support by emailing <a href="mailto:support@wizard101.com">support@wizard101.com</a>

community@wizard101.com