Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some ideas I have

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 28, 2008
I have been thinking on some ideas and wanted to share them.

1 ) Since we can buy street lights and torches, why can't we have overcast skies and darkness or at least a revolving time frame with sunlight to darkness and even throw in a storm or two. I am a Death Wizard and would love to see my home in a thunderstorm and have it like the Haunted Cave type area. These modifiers can be a purchased addition and be used as any other type of purchased housing item.

2 ) This is another's idea and wanted to mention it again also, our farmed for swords are something that has taken us long to accomplish, can we have a display that when you win a drop the display has a similar sword appear in it. Say that you buy the display empty and farm for a sword. That sword is now part of your inventory and can be equipped as needed. At the same time, the display in your house gets the same sword to show off. The same can be used for staffs and wands.

3 ) A porting "permission" button. Its happened often to many of us. We are in a battle and someone ports in. Extra monsters are allowed into this battle and the one who ported in flees. Guess who has to fight the added monsters. If you are in battle at the very least you should be asked before being ported to.

4 ) Goodbye button for your housing areas. A guest is invited to your home. Suddenly someone ports in to him/her, They then have people port in to them. Suddenly your home is full of people you 1) do not know and were not invited, 2) You have no way of having them leave your home and 3) You are stuck with a full house of unwanted guests and the only way to get rid of them is to leave and wait to go back to your own home.

5 ) Moderators, yes I said it and I will say it again. KingsIsle? As far as you have gone to protect the demographic audience that this game is pointed towards, let the parents of the self same audience help to make it an even better place for us all. I spend some time in the commons often answering questions that I can and watching for "work around" cursing and crude behavior. The type we all do not want our children exposed to. Please KI consider this as an option that will 1) cut down on the amount of reports that your employees are faced with reading logs to determine what happened and 2) will ensure that our children are all protected even beyond what you have been able to do so far. This would further benefit you and your company as it would make the game even more appealing to many parents and even make some of those reluctant to allow their children/grandchildren to play, think about it again. The benefits would far outweigh any of the cons that keep this from happening.

Like I said these are just some of the things I have been thinking on and wished to share. Keep up the good work KI. And keep those worlds coming.

James DeathHammer
GrandMaster level 50
Master of Death
No Retreat, No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind