Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Slow Loading

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2009
I'm sorry if this has been discussed somewhere, but the only thread I could find was some time ago.

I have a GM character and the LOADING page going from area to area is getting WAY too long. I've heard from other's that it's slow from all the "stuff" you have, but I'm curious to find out if that's true. To test this, I tried unloading a bunch of treasure cards and stuff in my backpack, but if there's any improvement to the loading time, it's hardly noticeable.

So, anyone have any suggestions?

Also, do items in your BANK count?

How about the SHARED BANK?

Regeants? Number of DECKS used?

Any ideas would be appreciated...

mlb

Administrator
We've noticed a trend lately that you may be able to help us with. We posted in this thread the following instructions: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/14939.ftl#80600

Sometimes we're finding that a specific items is the cause of this.
Brady's Solar Cowl is one of the items that can cause loading issues, and we're investigating why and how to fix this.

If you don't mind, do an experiment for us - before you transition between two areas, remove your hat and place it in your backpack.
Move between the two areas and see if you notice a difference in load time.
If not, put the hat back on.
If you DO notice a difference, write down the name of that item.

Repeat those steps for each of the items you have equipped and if you notice that one item in particular makes a difference, list the name of the item here, and whether or not you've used that item in the stitching process.

Thank you, together we'll solve this.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 31, 2009
Thank you for the reply, professor.

I started to do what you suggested, but then thought I'd work backwards and took EVERYTHING off.

Alas, when I went from area to area, the loading was Still slow. I MAY have shaved off a second or so, but still slow.

Now, I don't know if this is related, but just now I defeated ANDOR and got the message from...er...the Stock Guy (doh!) telling me I lost an Item because my back pack and bank were full.

Turns out, not so much - I have 34 items in my backpack and 70 in my bank. I should have plenty of room, no?

Could there be some ghost items I'm carrying about with me?

mlb