Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

slot ready ... but can not craft

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
some will say this should be in crafting
but it seems to be a problem
that is why i posted here.

i have 2 crafting slots one is open then second on is in use.
i need to craft a second item but it wont let me.

K I staff can you tell me why this is so.

i have a picture of it if you need to see.
just let me know if you want it

i am sure this has affected many others in the game

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
hobi wrote:
some will say this should be in crafting
but it seems to be a problem
that is why i posted here.

i have 2 crafting slots one is open then second on is in use.
i need to craft a second item but it wont let me.

K I staff can you tell me why this is so.

i have a picture of it if you need to see.
just let me know if you want it

i am sure this has affected many others in the game

Make sure you have enough reagent for the item you are trying to craft. If you don't, It won't let you.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Are you sure one of them is neither the mount timer or pet hatch timer? Look at the icons on the right of the timers.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I had a similar thing happen yesterday. I filled up my crafting slots and waited for one to become available again, but when I tried to craft something else the button was still grayed out, and it wouldn't let me craft.

I quit the program and logged back in. Problem solved. Maybe that solved your problem too?

The other possibility is you didn't have all the reagents necessary for what you were crafting, but didn't notice.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you want KingsIsle to answer it, you're better off sending in a ticket to support@wizard101.com

I know that the slots have a cool-down time, but you've probably waited that out already.

This has been reported as a bug as far back as two years ago.

I've read that one way to fix it is to leave your dorm/house and then reenter it. Logging off and on also has been said to fix it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Actually, sometimes, if you watched your timer end, you have to leave your home, then go back inside and you will be able to craft again...

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Also, check what crafting slot is needed. Some higher level equips can not be crafted in your home or dorm. If you look at the type of crafting station needed, and it says "Grizzleheim", then you need to craft it in the Hall of the Ice Forge in Northguard. There is also a crafting station outside Malistaire's Lair in DS, but none of my recipes have sent me there yet.