Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Silly thing I noticed

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
According to Central, Tymen Whiteflame is an Ice boss, but has the Myth spell Stun. Why? Ice has Freeze, why not use that instead and keep the spell "in house"? Just a silly little thing is all, makes no difference really

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
In Azteca, we started to see some bosses using spells from other schools, for example balance schools weakness. In Mount Olympus you see bosses that use different schools. In Khrysalis, there are a lot of bosses that show one school, and use another. Bosses have secondary schools. This is a game changer when you start facing them, and pose more difficulty, however, it is merely another problem to be overcome.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
mebbenow on May 14, 2014 wrote:
In Azteca, we started to see some bosses using spells from other schools, for example balance schools weakness. In Mount Olympus you see bosses that use different schools. In Khrysalis, there are a lot of bosses that show one school, and use another. Bosses have secondary schools. This is a game changer when you start facing them, and pose more difficulty, however, it is merely another problem to be overcome.
yes, but in the case of stun, it does the exact same thing; it stops you from attacking for a round. Both spells do the same thing, so why not go with your primary school spell. That's all i'm saying. i don't mind having dual school monsters one bit

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
dayerider on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
According to Central, Tymen Whiteflame is an Ice boss, but has the Myth spell Stun. Why? Ice has Freeze, why not use that instead and keep the spell "in house"? Just a silly little thing is all, makes no difference really
Good eye! It might make a difference because the cheat stun is triggered by healing and if it were ice it would be difficult to dispel, since his normal ice spells would use a melt. But a vaporize stops a myth stun and won't be affected by his other spells. Also Freeze is one round, but if I remember right Whitefame's cheat is a two round stun, like the effect from Medusa.

Every cheat has a counter and every boss has a weakness, so when you notice a "silly little thing" like that, keep it in mind - it may help sometime.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Gemma Luna on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Good eye! It might make a difference because the cheat stun is triggered by healing and if it were ice it would be difficult to dispel, since his normal ice spells would use a melt. But a vaporize stops a myth stun and won't be affected by his other spells. Also Freeze is one round, but if I remember right Whitefame's cheat is a two round stun, like the effect from Medusa.

Every cheat has a counter and every boss has a weakness, so when you notice a "silly little thing" like that, keep it in mind - it may help sometime.
you know, I hadnt thought about the cheat aspect. I carry stun block (the most useful spell in the game, since ti blocks 4 or 5 different school's spells or after spell effects) for those who i see can stun in any way, shape, or form.