Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sidewalk Battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2013
It doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it's annoying! When i'm clearly walking on the sidewalk, some other enemy that I didn't walk up to goes into battle with me. This also usually happens when I'm making small turns to go around a corner. I know this isnt much, but I don't have time for their nonsense! I have to flee and walk all the way back to where I was. Especially in dungeons.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
BlissBlue on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
It doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it's annoying! When i'm clearly walking on the sidewalk, some other enemy that I didn't walk up to goes into battle with me. This also usually happens when I'm making small turns to go around a corner. I know this isnt much, but I don't have time for their nonsense! I have to flee and walk all the way back to where I was. Especially in dungeons.
This could mean different things, depending on the world you are in. In Krokotopia, there are sidewalks, but some of the Manders at the beginning cut corners. It might be a glitch, or just the way they walk.
In Marleybone, DON'T TRUST THE SIDEWALKS!!! Always be prepared to get pulled. In Mooshu, the Cave of Solitude is a death trap for getting pulled. In Celestia and Grizzleheim, there aren't really legitimate sidewalks, so watch your step. In Sunken City, walk pressed as close as you can to the wall; even the tiniest step off the side walk for less than half a second can get you pulled (I've accidentally stepped off, gotten back on, and then got pulled a few seconds later).
That's all the possibilities I can think of for now. There are probably more that I haven't discovered because of my level.
Remember, watch your step!

Sarah Moonshade
Grandmaster Conjurer

Summon Legends, be a Legend.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Look it's your teachers way to get you more involved .... No fighty no passy lol

Thanks For Reading ....

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
yeah can you make the crates on cyclopes lane a little smaller. we are supposed to walk there you now.

Kyle Earthshard () Level 61

Kane Star () Level 24

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Here is my guide to sidewalks

Wizard city - good
Krokotopia - rarely when going around the crates
Most 1 hour dungeons - bad
Marlybone - poorly but you can get around safely without a problem by staying pressed up by the edge and wait until the coast is clear before going up or down on the boards. That was my strategy that I used to survive marlybone without getting pulled over. My friend just goes in between them lol
Mooshu - rarely
Cave of solitude - bad in the cave
Dragonsphyre - good in most areas
Labryrinth - sometimes because there is this area near the gate where the monsters walk around and on that ledge. I ported away when I saw one coming my way lol
Grizzleheim - sometimes
Wysteria - sometimes
Celestia - sometimes
Zafaria - poorly
Avalon - sometimes
Azteca - sometimes

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
purrfectgirl's summary pretty much matches my experience. I will say that the actual streets in Dragonspire are so wide the sidewalks are almost irrelevant, with a 40% mount equipped I can run circles around most of the Dragonspire street mobs. The Great Spire dungeon, however, is a pain, there are a couple of platforms with mobs that are almost impossible to avoid, like the Mooshu cave of solitude but even worse. My friends have developed the habit of avoiding those fights by having one player engage, everyone else slip by, and then the first guy flees, potions, and ports back to a friend who is already past.