Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

severe lag

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
ok i get in game and go to load to my home i disappear and watch the timer tick from 60 to 0 and i still am not in my room. the icon comes up to click again but i cant caus ei am froze. any time i amin fight after fight it freezes. any time turn in or get a quest, it freezes. this has only started since wintertusk came in. i was playing this game before celest went test. never had this problem till now. any help here would be appreciated. thanks

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
I have the same problem, where right after i log in to the game it atumaticlly freezes and it just stays there. I want to know what is happening. I am getting really sick of it. I don't know if its my computer or if its the game itself.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
It might be your computer, are you playing on a different one than before? On my laptop the game almost never freezes and runs smooth but on my desktop the game sometimes freezes ( not really bad but in patches). Also I saw the news for this week and there was an "empty your backpack" news. I think they were saying if you empty your backpack you have less things the game needs to keep up with and less lag.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
lanstar06 wrote:
ok i get in game and go to load to my home i disappear and watch the timer tick from 60 to 0 and i still am not in my room. the icon comes up to click again but i cant caus ei am froze. any time i amin fight after fight it freezes. any time turn in or get a quest, it freezes. this has only started since wintertusk came in. i was playing this game before celest went test. never had this problem till now. any help here would be appreciated. thanks

my computer runs fine its perfect no lag questing but when i pvp it freeze and i'm frozen till the match is over i'v lost my rank cause of it and honestly its not a fun feeling i tryed loging back in during it but it just happens a second time and its iratading the oters players just take advange but all i can do is try to hurry before i die if thats lag i dont like it at all it really takes my reason to play pvp and the gaer is something i love to get but ill cant get it with lag

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
ok problem found but need to know how to fix it. i notice last night when i load i would cntl+alt+del to bring up porcess. the wizard graphical clinet is pulling 50 to 52 % everytime i load. i know thats way to much can anyone tell me why it pulling so much.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
lanstar06 wrote:
ok problem found but need to know how to fix it. i notice last night when i load i would cntl+alt+del to bring up porcess. the wizard graphical clinet is pulling 50 to 52 % everytime i load. i know thats way to much can anyone tell me why it pulling so much.

You may have a corrupted file.

This happened to me one time. The only difference is that my game would freeze during a certain file on launch. You may have to reinstall the game if you haven't already. You could also put in a ticket to support, they may be able to tell you what file is causing problems.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
tomschase wrote:
It might be your computer, are you playing on a different one than before? On my laptop the game almost never freezes and runs smooth but on my desktop the game sometimes freezes ( not really bad but in patches). Also I saw the news for this week and there was an "empty your backpack" news. I think they were saying if you empty your backpack you have less things the game needs to keep up with and less lag.

Maybe I should try that.