Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Server is laggy the last two days!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
Hi All,

Is it just me or everyone else has the same problem? I started playing this game 2 weeks ago and all went fine and well until two days ago when I started to experience lag. It is so bad nothing works at all.

Regards

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
DeathEnchanted wrote:
Hi All,

Is it just me or everyone else has the same problem? I started playing this game 2 weeks ago and all went fine and well until two days ago when I started to experience lag. It is so bad nothing works at all.

Regards

Any time there is a holiday or no school, there are many, many more people in the game. You can try other realms or come back either early in the morning or later in the evening.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Maybe I can give you a little help when it comes to lag. Since I play after I get home from work (around 3am California time), I rarely experience lag because there is a low census of players on at that time.

When I find I am having a lot of lag, usually caused by the extreme graphics in some areas of play, I try to finish what I am doing and log off. Being a DSL user, I have found rebooting the router will usually clear up lag.

This can be done by unplugging your router from the telephone line for a couple of minutes. While unplugged, I reboot my computer as well. Reconnect the router and, viola, the lag should clear up a lot when you return to the game! Rebooting the router is the equivalent to dumping your browsing cache. Not many people know that little known fact.

Another thing that may help is doing a defrag of your computer. Not only does it help with lag, but it's good for your overall computer performance.

Amber SpiritRider
Lvl 52 Balance Sorceress

Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
RavenLady777 wrote:
DeathEnchanted wrote:
Hi All,

Regards

Any time there is a holiday or no school, there are many, many more people in the game. You can try other realms or come back either early in the morning or later in the evening.

Yeah, but arent they suppose to upgrade the server to handle extra traffic? Plus I have tried to switch to realm with "perfect" population and I am still experiencing lagging problem.

This really takes the fun out of the game.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I started to experience lag about 3 weeks ago, so bad that navigating though the common areas I run into people. I have played on 4 different computers and it is the same on all of them. In worlds getting quests and doing battles I don't seem to have as much of it altho I have heard other wizards complaining about it while in battle which sometimes leads to skipped turns. I think something that was updated has made crowded areas a little more graphic intense so some may see this problem? It may or may not be something KI is looking into but I think if it persists game play is going to become annoying for me.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DeathEnchanted wrote:
Hi All,

Regards

If there are 2 or more computers running in your house and just one of them is streaming video or music, this will cause severe lag. I found that out when my grand daughter was on her computer and streaming. I had the same problem. The streaming drastically reduces the game download and patching.

Also, if you are running wifi, you may want to work with your provider and put a password on the wifi. There are those out there that do "Steal" wifi if they can and it will slow yours down. I have had this problem too, and since grand daughter is no longer living at home, I have the wifi un-installed.

And, YES, Stealing wifi is a federal offense if caught.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
:( Hello, yes i also have been having this problem lately,after about a year of on and off play. This lagging happens Everywhere i go into a new area or doorway, and is getting very annoying! I really would like to keep playing this with my teenage daughter, but it sure makes me question a membership. If the makers (KI) are going to constantly input more data then they need to be aware that it should be tested or fixed before they go-live. Or even after they go-live, if it means the difference between folks praising this game or complaining to all their friends about it online. I just hope it gets corrected soon because we all are potential customers. Good luck to you!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
urbanlioness wrote:
:( Hello, yes i also have been having this problem lately,after about a year of on and off play. This lagging happens Everywhere i go into a new area or doorway, and is getting very annoying! I really would like to keep playing this with my teenage daughter, but it sure makes me question a membership. If the makers (KI) are going to constantly input more data then they need to be aware that it should be tested or fixed before they go-live. Or even after they go-live, if it means the difference between folks praising this game or complaining to all their friends about it online. I just hope it gets corrected soon because we all are potential customers. Good luck to you!

I understand what you are dealing with. Even though at the moment I am not having as much of a problem, I still lag at times. Some of the issues could be your graphics card. I know that is part of my problem but can't afford to replace it at the moment. Part of the lag could be the realm you are in. If it is full, move to one less full and see what happens. Another thing that will drag you down too, is having a lot of stuff in your backpack.

KI is constantly working on their servers to make the game better for us. They may even be getting to the point of having to add more servers but even that won't cure all.

I can also tell you from experience, that if you are running a security program such as Norton360, it will cause a LOT of lag in your game. I found that out by disabling mine for a couple of hours one night to see if it made any difference. It did. I am now running Microsoft Security Essentials ( the free version, there is another version that does cost.) and have less problems with the lag.

These are just some ideas you may want to check out. I am no expert, but there is the possibility that others may have similar problems that may be at least reduced by just making some minor adjustments.