Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seeing red?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Every time i go to a different area everyone in there is dressed in red with no faces and the pets are huge!!

Anyone else having this problem? How can I fix it?

Many young Wizards contact us to say that the game has 'white blocks' or 'red clothing', or just generally runs slow or 'choppy'. Almost all of these issues are cleared up with a Video Driver Update. What this means, is the Video card you have in your computer has software that it needs to run. That software gets out of date if you don't update it, and the Video card can't keep up with new games that you run.

It's very easy to update your Video Drivers but takes several steps to figure out what it is. If you're not comfortable doing this yourself, have an adult or friend help you:
1. Determine the manufacturer of your video card > Open your Control Panel, click on "Display" > "Settings" tab > "Advanced" > "Adapter" > "Properties" > "Driver" tab.
2. Write down the Driver Provider and Driver Version. (Example: NVIDIA 197.16)
3. Go to the driver manufacturer's website and locate your particular computer and download the newest driver (you can check the latest driver they post with the driver version you have, if it's the same, then don't bother with the download - likely they've come out with a new one since last you updated though).

After updating the driver, reboot your computer and hopefully, all is right in Wizard City!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
No Zeke, not all is right. New video card, new updates, still have those blocks, still sees red, etc.

I just deal with it, but my guess is that the hardware needed needs to be changed, and I am above what was needed when I started.

You have also written code that fails to 'update' in a permant way, but does the update each time it loads. People have mentioned this also.

I think the problem is that games like this can't be 'cutting edge' but needs to be stable as far as graphics, so once we start the game, we can just ride along.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
Yep I've done all the suggested fixes to get rid of the white blocks and other graphic glitches and even today got an email from tech support telling me to run in xp compatibility mode and still no fix

All of that and I am still being ignored as to the issue of the jade oni pet I bought for 7430 crowns that has sound problems and probably will never get a refund on that.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I am also seeing red characters and white blocks with a fully updated and virtually empty machine.

I believe that adding enhancements such as blooms and particles put the graphic demands just a bit out of reach for most players.
Most aren't willing to shell out for increasingly higher graphic cards to play an online game no matter how great it is.
This one is pretty great, btw.

Personally, I love the standard graphics as they are, and don't need the added bells and whistles to keep me interested. I happen to be fairly hard to please, and you've overshot that mark already.

As it is, my system is struggling to keep up with the graphics on low, and outside of buying an overpriced graphics card, I'm out of options. For the machine I'm running the game on, it can't get better than this.