Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Security is warning suspicious file.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Hi.

I have Trend Micro, and after the pet update, each time I load the game, I get a warning.

It's pointing at the EXE. with no real info as to what it's pointing at, but it wants to block the game from opening.
Suspicious activity from the EXE. during the patching run is about all I have to go on here.

I'm sure it's a false positive, but is anyone else having this issue?

It also stops the game to display this message again after I have allowed it to run.

I also want to sent a zip file to Trend Micro so they can look at this - they do say to do that so they can update code to remove any false positives it's picking up, but is that allowed under the TC being that I'll be sending your file to another site?

Answers very much appreciated. :(

Administrator
Hello young Wizard!

What a very interesting and contemporary post. With the Pets publish the games exe file may have changed slightly. This could cause anti-virus or firewall applications like the Trend Micro application you mention to now warn you that something is different. (Which of course there is!)

My suggestion would be to make sure that the wizard101.exe file is re-added to your firewalls exceptions list and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't and Trend Micro continues to give you warnings go ahead and check our help and support knowledge base over on the left hand side and send our Support Wizards a few screenshots of what you're seeing if you need additional help.

Cheers and tell'em Mr. Lincoln sent you!

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Hi again, and thank you for your prompt reply.

I opened my firewall, and the WIZARDLAUNCHER EXE. is being blocked no matter how many times I allow it.
I've added this to the exceptions list as well, and it continues to block this.

Trend Micro has an online chat for subscribers, so I'm going to see what they say about it.
There must be a way to fix this that I'm not seeing, and I most likely overlooked it.
NASA wishes they had this kind of control panel. :(

Lately it has been showing false positives on Firefox and Thunderbird as well, and they were quick to update the codes so it may just be a hitch in their getalong again.

I'll let you know.

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
I had this problem too. I was deadly serious about it. But now that I saw this post I was very much relieved. :-)
Lucas Drakebloom
Level 40
Oni slayer
Ice wizard

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
We had a problem with trend micro also. We had to tell the Trend program to allow the following website.

http*://*versionllnw.us.wizard101.com/*

the "*" tells it to allow all the Wizard 101 files. Otherwise you have to allow each individual file evertime you go to a new area!!