Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scarecrow pets never cast death traps spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
I have a scarecrow pet with "may cast death shield spell" talent but it has never casted it ever and i spend a long time in a easy fight to see if it will cast it and nothing, maybe there is a bug. PLease fix! Same thing with my Scarecrow hybrid "Crop Watcher" pet is has "may cast death trap spell" talent and nothing! It has nerver casted it. PLese fix bug!

Thank you

Has anyone else have this problem with Scarecrows and its hybrids ?

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
may cast talents have certain "triggers" as in spells, or types of spells that make them cast. for example, take death shield, the trigger for that cast is getting hit with a death based attack, wraith, scarecrow, dark sprite, etc...
and death trap the trigger for that is casting a death damage spell on the enemy. it's not a glitch, you just weren't activating the triggers for these talents.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
darkwizard1972 wrote:
I have a scarecrow pet with "may cast death shield spell" talent but it has never casted it ever and i spend a long time in a easy fight to see if it will cast it and nothing, maybe there is a bug. PLease fix! Same thing with my Scarecrow hybrid "Crop Watcher" pet is has "may cast death trap spell" talent and nothing! It has nerver casted it. PLese fix bug!

Thank you

Has anyone else have this problem with Scarecrows and its hybrids ?

I've had this happen with other pets. It's pretty random when you get a "may cast" anything. I've had my Jade Oni cast a myth blade over and over again, and then nothing for days on end. There's no glitch, it's just really random.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
Thank you for your answers, I will try that trigger thing, and I will let you know what happens. Thanks you all.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
Hello,

Just to let you know that I have tried all your suggestions with no luck. My pets still wont cast death traps or death shields. It must be a bug. I have being hit by death attacks also i have attack with death spells of all types and nothing. I think its bug bug needs to be fixed.