Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scald Spell Not Working

AuthorMessage
Community Leader

I notice there's a glitch with my Scald Spell. My enemies now do not burn constantly which is a big let down. It was so much fun watching them stand in fire for the full 3 rounds. Also I notice the spell doesn't always last 3 rounds. It can last for one round then gets broken and removed. Whats up with that?

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
We noticed that too, and have addressed this issue (as with other damage over time spells) on the Test Realm. This fix will go to the Live Realm soon.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
Just received the Scald spell. It is doing the damage it should, but I was surprised that totally nothing happened graphically with the spell. It casts with even less drama than a wand. Reading other threads, it seems like Scald should burn constantly or something? It should definitely look better than it does, for such a cool DoT spell.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
ZooMaster wrote:
Just received the Scald spell. It is doing the damage it should, but I was surprised that totally nothing happened graphically with the spell. It casts with even less drama than a wand. Reading other threads, it seems like Scald should burn constantly or something? It should definitely look better than it does, for such a cool DoT spell.

Sadly, the Scald spell is NOT doing the damage it should. The damage boost you receive from clothing is not multiplied into the spells total damage output (before dividing by 3 rounds). This is the same for spells Heckhound and Stormhound. I have submitted reports in Test realm for this, along with a few posts here on the forum, as well as through this website's customer service/technical support feature. I have been mentioning this since March, and these spells continue to be short-changed :(