Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Saved Decks? Training point respecs?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
You know what would be really cool? Being able to build a deck good for facing fire opponents or life opponents or whatever, and then being able to save it to be called up later. I always have to rebuild my deck when heading into new areas to have the best cards for the challenge, and it would be nice to find a good selection and then go straight to it.

Secondly, are there any plans in the works to allow you to cash in your training points and the cards that came with them, in order to respec your secondary (or tertiary or...) magic school? New players likely spend these points more or less randomly, and then when they get to a level where it would have been nice to have focused points on a separate area, or to have focused their training on something not available at the start of the game, like the taunts/detaunts. Make it cost 10,000 gold or require crowns or something, but it would be really nice if not all the decisions made near the beginning of the game were permanent.

An adult-only server with fewer (or no) chat restrictions would be nice. The option to switch to an adult-only realm would not be available to someone who wasn't one.

Thanks!

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
You can have as many Decks as you want & set them up any way you want. I personally keep 4 different types of decks set up at all times. I use different bought decks for each so that I know which is which just by the name. I have my Standard two-school deck that is for normal fights. I have my Secondary school deck that I use if I am in an area where my Primary school is resisted to much. I have my lower level zone deck. Lastly I have my Treasure Card making Deck. Depending on where/what I am doing I just change to the deck I need before hand.

As far as Respec goes. I would love this. I had to remake Death Wizard & lost my Crown Gear cause I chose the wrong secondary school, for me anyway.

As for the Adult server, I think the servers are fine the way they are. The chat is just fine imho.

Community Leader
Oh hey, that's a really great idea. Just using more than one deck -- hadn't thought of that!

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I noticed that if you look at your deck set up you can cycle through all your other decks with an arrow at the top left or right. The deck that is equiped has a fist showing it is in hand.
If there was a way to equip the deck you are looking at from this screen it would help out if we can't save or change deck names.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
Ya, that is why I use decks with different names, so I know which I have set up for what. Makes it a little easier, but would be nice if we could atleast add a note to the name of the deck.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Another nice idea is the ability to name your decks. Having several decks with unique names would be a big help in keeping organised and choosing the correct pack for an area.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
These are all great ideas.

Saved decks, renaming pets, respecs for training points.

I would love to see all of these happen.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
flaknugget wrote:

I agree with the Pet Renaming, since you can Dye them anyway.

Explorer
May 21, 2008
flaknugget wrote:

I agree, on all counts !

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Tipa wrote:
You know what would be really cool? Being able to build a deck good for facing fire opponents or life opponents or whatever, and then being able to save it to be called up later. I always have to rebuild my deck when heading into new areas to have the best cards for the challenge, and it would be nice to find a good selection and then go straight to it.

Secondly, are there any plans in the works to allow you to cash in your training points and the cards that came with them, in order to respec your secondary (or tertiary or...) magic school? New players likely spend these points more or less randomly, and then when they get to a level where it would have been nice to have focused points on a separate area, or to have focused their training on something not available at the start of the game, like the taunts/detaunts. Make it cost 10,000 gold or require crowns or something, but it would be really nice if not all the decisions made near the beginning of the game were permanent.

An adult-only server with fewer (or no) chat restrictions would be nice. The option to switch to an adult-only realm would not be available to someone who wasn't one.

Thanks!

I love the idea about being able to respec your secondary school...Basically when I first started I thought my secondary school was great, but now that I have been playing for awhile I'm regretting what I chose and would love to be able to change it even if it costs me 10,000; 20,000 or even 30,000 gold!

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
flaknugget wrote:

I agree, on all counts !

I sure hope the respecing happens...My daughter age 7...picked a Myth spell because she saw the cool stuff that I was doing...

For something that is casual friendly...this is a must have feature...Mistakes happen and you should not be penalized for being young or unfamiliar with the game...