Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
DarkStorm824 wrote:
Today in Unicorn Way something happened which made me upset a little bit.

I created a new character, just for fun, I have better characters than this new players but I like to create them for for fun sometimes. Anyways....

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part. I understand ever new player doesn't have the strongest spells or equipment, they're new, they can't help it. He then reported me and s box came up that said I was using foul language. I NEVER used foul language around him. I told him to leave me alone. He continued to say "First day, reported, lol" and he said that my face is a "mistake" and no wonder I wear a hood. And then he acted as if I had no voice saying "She just wants friends oh" and things that I just want friends because I have none. After he was done talking about me. He used foul language around MY character and he went off he said a foul word (typed in a different way) and said something about my character being a worthless girl.
I do not remember his name, I just remember he had a Helephant pet.

I do not like the idea of reporting for no reason. I know KI has people reporting each other every second but some of these reports are for no reason. I know I cannot control other players but it hurts. It really does.

Natalie Moonblade,
Jasmine Moonblade, and
Fallon Thunderthief who was reported for no reason.
dont worry, there are some people who are mean and report anybody for foul language, wether they used it or not. once, i was in a friends house, and i went into his main room, where a group of lower, level players were talking and chatting and i joined in. some guy asked me to leave on the pretense that, i quote, "looked weird and had a pointy wand" i was wearing a suit of armor and a sword. i changed to a different robe fron dragonspyre and a staff. i asked him if he was happy. he said yes, very, and reported me for foul language. i didnt use anything like it. i pretended i was afk and showed my mom the conversation via chat box. she and i agreed that i should report him. i did. he had already left the room, but it still went through. a lot of high levels hate low levels and ocassionally the other way around, which would be my case. you just happened to encounter, shall we say, a bad egg. a mean master lol. cya in the spiral!

paul ironflame, level 50 grabdmaster, master of fire 8)

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
155
I'm sorry about what happened, Darkstorm. But it's best to ignore those meanies and move on with the game. I sense that 'noob' will be removed from the dictionary on Wizard101 in the next update.

Jacob Thundersong,

lvl 50 Grandmaster(at least till I lvl up!)

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
kitarahughes wrote:
you know what annoys me? are the wizards who stand around wanting boyfriends or girlfriends. forgive me if i'm wrong but this is a game not a dating site and last i checked you couldn't really type numbers out to give them your phone or IM id. so please tell me how they will date ? in game only? sounds a bit awkward. now i'm not ranting, but i also get very upset when people constently port to me and ask for help, i'm level 28 almost 29 and of ice house. my problem is that everwhere i turn people are adding me who i don't know, i only add people who i've been in battle with and that have helped me. no offence but i just seems like that would be the only time to add some one no? this guy today justin frostblade told me that i was rude for not porting to him when I MYSELF was in a boss battle.

-morgan frostblade
*i kill spiders to save the butterflies*
I agree this happened today, i was on my balance guy and my friend told me to port because he was stuck, i told him to hold on so i can finish my battle. when i was finished i was low on health so i went to catch red wisps. then he messaged me saying that i wasnt a good friend for porting to him and helping him, i told i was gonna be there. then later on he asked about 5 times to help him, i said no because i thought he was just using me.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
89
Jakira1 wrote:
I need some help concerning reporting someone. Here is the situation: I am a mom of a seventeen year old (boy). I realize he is almost an adult but i am still not comfortable with another player who claims to be a college student (girl) in another country giving him her actual e-mail address. She then sent a few messages saying she loved him. At first he was flattered and liked talking to her on the game but after a long discussion he agrees the situation is not comfortable. Maybe I am being too protective but we have had a rather disgusting sex scandel here in our town and I have had the unpleasant discovery of finding that one of the defendents is my patient (I am a dental hygienist). Didn't have a clue! Seemed like a normal married guy. This is also part of what has influenced my son into being uncomfortable now. If mom can't even "see" these people face to face how is he supposed to "see" the bad guys online? So my dilema is this: What if it is really a kid saying they are older? This is a mistake that should be corrected but not banned from the site. What if it is a college kid? Again - bigger mistake and should have a consequence but maybe not banned. What if it is a greasy, old pervert. Then banning isn't enough! I want this site to be safe for everyone and love the safety features. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a "safety class" to teach kids what is ok or not. If someone from the site wants to talk to me about this issue please e-mail me - you have my address.

Thank you
Jakira



Well, this is a tough situation, first off, you may want to talk one on one with this girl, just to be safe, so you can meet her, then you can choose wether or not she is safe for your son to hang out with. Then its a good idea to clear out with her that you dont feel comfortable with her and your son sharing personal info, one big thing is look for the hidden things in what your son is saying that he might not even realise are giving away his location, such as what sports team he is on, his actual name. (Real names make it really easy) And links to personal websites, blogs, and facebook accounts.

Then again, its good to keep in mind that this girl may be infact who she says she is, but doing all of the above is still probably a good idea.



Best of luck :-)

Fiona Starcatcher, Grandmaster Necromancer.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
89
newt1314 wrote:
Magi58 wrote:
I think i may know him cause i may have been there with him at the time his name is Adrian Dragonriderand he just got muted for the third time. So its possibly him


She said that the character had a helephant pet, so it couldnt have been Adrian Dragonrider, he is ice. You need to have your facts straight before you mention names. That can hurt ppl too.



You do know that there CAN be more than one person with the same name. (Have you seen all the Taylor Swifts running around lately?)
You really need to listen to your own advice man

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
45
DarkStorm824 wrote:

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part.

I've had something like this happen to me before. My friend and I were in a 1 v 1 PVP battle when someone watching the battle kept saying stuff like "Those spells are weak" to "Only worthless people use those". It was pretty annoying, and our spells were NOT weak. (At least in my oppinion.) We were using spells like Skelatal Pirate (430 - 510 damage) and Satyr (Heal 860) and even Judgement! (100 damage per pip).

He even called this weak:

Power Play (35 power pip % to everyone)
Hex (30% extra damage)
BalanceBlade (25% extra damage)
Fient (70% extra damage to opponent, 30% to Self)
+Judgement summoned at 12 Pips
______________________________________
3315 Damage = A LOT!

I told him to please stop or I would report him. He wouldn't stop because it's not possible to report someone while in a battle. And when the battle was over, he ported away before I could do anything about it. I was extremly ticked off.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
132
trose318 wrote:
DarkStorm824 wrote:

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part.

I've had something like this happen to me before. My friend and I were in a 1 v 1 PVP battle when someone watching the battle kept saying stuff like "Those spells are weak" to "Only worthless people use those". It was pretty annoying, and our spells were NOT weak. (At least in my oppinion.) We were using spells like Skelatal Pirate (430 - 510 damage) and Satyr (Heal 860) and even Judgement! (100 damage per pip).

He even called this weak:

Power Play (35 power pip % to everyone)
Hex (30% extra damage)
BalanceBlade (25% extra damage)
Fient (70% extra damage to opponent, 30% to Self)
+Judgement summoned at 12 Pips
______________________________________
3315 Damage = A LOT!

I told him to please stop or I would report him. He wouldn't stop because it's not possible to report someone while in a battle. And when the battle was over, he ported away before I could do anything about it. I was extremly ticked off.


And you still should not report him. Being a Heckler/Rude/Annoying is not a reportable offense.

People like this are trying to make you feel small because, well, they are small people. They can't do, so they mock.

You can ignore someone, even in the midst of battle:
Wait until the very beginning of your turn, and hit enter to see the text chat. The guy's name will show up in the text field. Click on it, and you get the same character lookup that lets you friend/defriend/ignore.

Unless the guy is actually swearing, DO NOT use the report button.


Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
23
silverdragonn wrote:
Ok lets not start spewing incorrect information. This person will not be banned. KI investigates and if they feel there is an infraction, they send an email to your account warning you. Its only after a few warnings for the same thing that you will get banned. You can get banned for some very major violations,but what we are talking about here is in no way a banable offense. I disagree with what occurred and hopefully the responsible person got disciplined.


Mr Lincoln reads the chat logs. Since the other player used foul language he will get banned. False reports are not tolerated ether

Historian
May 28, 2009
653
DarkStorm824 wrote:
Today in Unicorn Way something happened which made me upset a little bit.

I created a new character, just for fun, I have better characters than this new players but I like to create them for for fun sometimes. Anyways....

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part. I understand ever new player doesn't have the strongest spells or equipment, they're new, they can't help it. He then reported me and s box came up that said I was using foul language. I NEVER used foul language around him. I told him to leave me alone. He continued to say "First day, reported, lol" and he said that my face is a "mistake" and no wonder I wear a hood. And then he acted as if I had no voice saying "She just wants friends oh" and things that I just want friends because I have none. After he was done talking about me. He used foul language around MY character and he went off he said a foul word (typed in a different way) and said something about my character being a worthless girl.
I do not remember his name, I just remember he had a Helephant pet.

I do not like the idea of reporting for no reason. I know KI has people reporting each other every second but some of these reports are for no reason. I know I cannot control other players but it hurts. It really does.

Natalie Moonblade,
Jasmine Moonblade, and
Fallon Thunderthief who was reported for no reason.


Hey, i know, KI said, if you say any message in all cap, that will count even is a good message. Maybe you typed in all cap.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
17
Jim925 wrote:
Talk about reporting some guy was suppose to sell me wings for ten treasure cards and when I gave it to him he wouldn't give me them back and i kept telling him and telling him and then he just got off so his name is Dylan JadeRiver and this is dum so please anybody at wizard 101 headquarters please read this message . I'm tired of this...............


I agree because one time i was walking in the shopping district when i came across someone then he said he would sell me permenent wings for something and i told him i would give him a rebirth treasure card i added him and when i gave him the card and deleted me and ported away! i really loved that card

Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
27
Ha this reminds me about when i was in grade school and a girl was going to "tell on me" because i didn't believe she saw a real ghost in the hallway

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
41
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Jim925 wrote:
Talk about reporting some guy was suppose to sell me wings for ten treasure cards and when I gave it to him he wouldn't give me them back and i kept telling him and telling him and then he just got off so his name is Dylan JadeRiver and this is dum so please anybody at wizard 101 headquarters please read this message . I'm tired of this...............


Young Wizard, please read Mr Lincoln's message below about these transactions.

A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.
Some of my friends do that when I tell them not to, and what do they do? THEY DO IT ANYWAY. The person deletes them reports them and runs away. I have to craft 10 rebirths give it to them. It takes about a month cause there not enchanted. :(

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
41
chrisbradley wrote:
I understand this. Here's my story: I was on my death wizard. I walked in the fire tower and saw a fire wizard. I walked up to him and said a simple "Hello".

Then he reported me for not being a fire wizard while I was in the fire tower. Then he called me a foul word that starts with an 'f'.

I reported him and he reported me AGAIN.

He called me a noob and left the fire tower.
I was obliged to follow him so I could find him on my fire wizard.

Since I was upset at the fact that he called me a "noob". (By the way he was only level 10.)
I went on my fire wizard and found him again. Then he said, "Who the h*** are you?" Then I replied, "The 'noob'!" He got so angry he reported me AGAIN!

I feel sorry for you. I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else.
Did we run into the same person? I just go rebirth I went into the fire tower and some person was standing there. Someone reported me. I walked up to him and said Hi! He said " YOUR NOT FIRE GET OUT "

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
41
Sejourman wrote:
Jim925 wrote:
Talk about reporting some guy was suppose to sell me wings for ten treasure cards and when I gave it to him he wouldn't give me them back and i kept telling him and telling him and then he just got off so his name is Dylan JadeRiver and this is dum so please anybody at wizard 101 headquarters please read this message . I'm tired of this...............


I agree because one time i was walking in the shopping district when i came across someone then he said he would sell me permenent wings for something and i told him i would give him a rebirth treasure card i added him and when i gave him the card and deleted me and ported away! i really loved that card
I will craft one and give it to you although it may take me a few days. I am life so it's no problem.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
41
jackcool28 wrote:
Ha this reminds me about when i was in grade school and a girl was going to "tell on me" because i didn't believe she saw a real ghost in the hallway
Isn't the game rated 10 and up? I do get scared sometimes cause squirels get into the attic although I got used to it. Also by the age of 10 do people even believe in ghosts?

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
62
The false reporting is a major problem. I had gotten falsely accused of bad language why I was watching a pvp match and asking everyone if they liked chain stunning because of the forum complaints. I don't no why people do this but people who falsely report others are just a bunch of selfish jerks! They are the real noobs! KI needs to fix this!

Jacob Dragonrider lvl 49 Master Pyromancer

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
62
Panda9928 wrote:
jackcool28 wrote:
Ha this reminds me about when i was in grade school and a girl was going to "tell on me" because i didn't believe she saw a real ghost in the hallway
Isn't the game rated 10 and up? I do get scared sometimes cause squirels get into the attic although I got used to it. Also by the age of 10 do people even believe in ghosts?

I'm almost a teen and I still believe in ghost! Everyone has a fear or two, and for a reason! Don't be afraid to admit your fear! I'm scared of the dark, and have a fear of spiders!

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
132
fces1 wrote:
Panda9928 wrote:
jackcool28 wrote:
Ha this reminds me about when i was in grade school and a girl was going to "tell on me" because i didn't believe she saw a real ghost in the hallway
Isn't the game rated 10 and up? I do get scared sometimes cause squirels get into the attic although I got used to it. Also by the age of 10 do people even believe in ghosts?

I'm almost a teen and I still believe in ghost! Everyone has a fear or two, and for a reason! Don't be afraid to admit your fear! I'm scared of the dark, and have a fear of spiders!

Heck, there are 40 year-olds that believe in ghosts.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
42
DarkStorm824 wrote:
Today in Unicorn Way something happened which made me upset a little bit.

I created a new character, just for fun, I have better characters than this new players but I like to create them for for fun sometimes. Anyways....

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part. I understand ever new player doesn't have the strongest spells or equipment, they're new, they can't help it. He then reported me and s box came up that said I was using foul language. I NEVER used foul language around him. I told him to leave me alone. He continued to say "First day, reported, lol" and he said that my face is a "mistake" and no wonder I wear a hood. And then he acted as if I had no voice saying "She just wants friends oh" and things that I just want friends because I have none. After he was done talking about me. He used foul language around MY character and he went off he said a foul word (typed in a different way) and said something about my character being a worthless girl.
I do not remember his name, I just remember he had a Helephant pet.

I do not like the idea of reporting for no reason. I know KI has people reporting each other every second but some of these reports are for no reason. I know I cannot control other players but it hurts. It really does.

Natalie Moonblade,
Jasmine Moonblade, and
Fallon Thunderthief who was reported for no reason.
i am sorry that happened to you KI should ban the other person for false reporting. you see those people think they have control over everyone and tell people who they are like to you saying you are a worthless noob.if people like that come just wait while they are talking then report them for foul language or just leave and don't say a word so he can not get you

Survivor
May 11, 2010
24
Firefrog16 wrote:
when someone tries to offend me and say that i'm a noob, i say thank you for noticing and walk away

Same thing for me people always say your a weird o and things like that i say thx they O. o then dont bother me :P

Explorer
Jun 04, 2010
52
TwinkleJinx wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Jim925 wrote:
Talk about reporting some guy was suppose to sell me wings for ten treasure cards and when I gave it to him he wouldn't give me them back and i kept telling him and telling him and then he just got off so his name is Dylan JadeRiver and this is dum so please anybody at wizard 101 headquarters please read this message . I'm tired of this...............


Young Wizard, please read Mr Lincoln's message below about these transactions.

A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.


I fully understand the concept of 'lesson learned' here, but you must understand that a large number of the scammed are very young players.
What they do best is trust, and certainly so when a higher leveled player is doing the scamming.
They are also new players for the most part getting scammed out of what little they have. They don't know about scamming because they're just learning the game.
I wonder how many lose their few items to a scammer, throw up hands and quit at that point.

Something DOES need to be done about this, as cheating in any form should be dealt with.
Running scams on other players should be at the top of the list.

I suggest tweaking the trade screen to disallow uneven trades. In other words, both players would have to put up things of equal value before the trade could go through. Stops the scam, stops the begging for free cards and items.
Gifting is a separate system, so it wouldn't affect it.

Another option would be to state this clearly on the log in screen. Big red letters and hard to miss - The Treasure Card / Mount Scam.
In fact, you have do dig through the website here to discover you can only gift a mount at purchase.

Optimal would be simply to ban these players outright. Do you really want these players on your game?
I don't want to share space with a cheater.

hi i am a level 28 storm wolf thunderweilder and uneven trades are how i live! i only us keen eyed wild bolts that i craft so i have my friends level 5 storm trade me 10-15 keen eyes for naught and after i use the keen eyes on my bolts, i go and craft him a couple of storm sharks and krakens for naught, so uneven trades are useful if you know the person

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
140
Magi58 wrote:
I think i may know him cause i may have been there with him at the time his name is Adrian Dragonriderand he just got muted for the third time. So its possibly him
i have also seen him arena a long while ago i beat him apperently i think you guys are now safe from that false reporter i also beat him but he never reported me i guess he learned his lesson

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
140
Jim925 wrote:
Talk about reporting some guy was suppose to sell me wings for ten treasure cards and when I gave it to him he wouldn't give me them back and i kept telling him and telling him and then he just got off so his name is Dylan JadeRiver and this is dum so please anybody at wizard 101 headquarters please read this message . I'm tired of this...............
ONE THING NEVER DO ON W101: is trust one of those wizards mostly in the shopping district or anywhere else for treasure cards for anything never do that i tried that with a person named thomas drake smith and he said i could give him half my treasure cards for swiftshadow wings does anybody on this sight no thomas drake smith if you do (including monitors on this webpage or anyone that knows him plz quote under this and say the simple words "I do" to me i still need my treasure cards back that were suppose to be given back about 10 months ago that he promised to do and of course he never gave them back i still need them ill meet you on w101 realm: Ivan area one

Ethan legend blade

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
132
Ok, here's the thing:

I really do sympathize with you younger kids that are getting conned out of cards. I actually do think it is rather crass and tasteless to manipulate children for any purpose. For that reason alone, I will more than happily interject into any con artist's spiel when I see them and let the pigeon know he or she is getting set up.

However, there are certain things that I would really like to think that your parents would have taught you by the time you first got sent to kindergarten:

* Beware strangers offering candy
* If something seems to be too good to be true, it usually is.
* No one is going to give you something for nothing.

Part of why KI does not consider fleecing cards a reportable offense is that as a player you had to consent to the con. You thought somebody would give you a $10 broom for $3 worth of treasure cards. This will hardly ever happen. It will certainly never happen spontaneously in game.

Always treat someone offering mounts/pets/gear/crowns/codes for treasure cards the same way you'd treat that kid at school who says he can get you the test answers for $5, or the teen that wants to trade you your $100 bike for $10 in comics.

Unfortunately, the other part of KI policy likely comes down to triage. Because the report function can be used easily, and because there are a lot of false reports, KI has to focus first on truly dangerous behaviors, and then on other TOS violations.

KI doesn't want to see 'creative swearing' anymore than anyone else, that is why it is a reportable offense. Their first concern will always be, and has to be, the safety of their players. That is why they do not want you using your userids and passwords in chat in the game. That is why they have policies against sharing personal contact information.

So, just to be clear:

*Do not accept unexpected candy from strangers.
*Do not tell the 'salesperson' on the phone that you are home alone.
*Do not post your private contact information in _ANY_ public forum, under any circumstances.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
13
i had a horrible experience too. this guy named wolf kept following me and reported me. i ignored him and switched realms. when i ignored him he came back on another character! all the same name. i couldnt beleive it! i was not a member then so i couldnt report him. he literally kept coming back on different characters. I could figure out how he knew what realm i was on! he kept calling me noob and inviting me over at his house and he kept flirting with me! so i fineally figured out he was on a different account and thats how he knew what realm i was on. he fineally left me alone but yeah