Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reneration Religious?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2011
92
So, I know i'm not the only one who's noticed this, but clearly the hand that comes down is God's hand. I'm a Christian and all, but I think some people are starting to complain.

Wolf- 76 Death
Jack Ash- 27 Life

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2721
General Jack Squat on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
So, I know i'm not the only one who's noticed this, but clearly the hand that comes down is God's hand. I'm a Christian and all, but I think some people are starting to complain.

Wolf- 76 Death
Jack Ash- 27 Life
I don't look at it that way. I look at that spell as a "helping hand" kind of spell. A lot of the Life spells are healing, helping, regeneration, etc. That's what the Life School does ... heal, help, regenerate.

Developer
Wizard101 has a bit of everything in it. I've always thought everything lives harmoniously together and I personally don't take 'offense' to any of it. It's kinda like how young people and old people can play in a game and have a great game experience. Wizard101 does a great job of bringing everything and everyone together IMO.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
General Jack Squat on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
So, I know i'm not the only one who's noticed this, but clearly the hand that comes down is God's hand. I'm a Christian and all, but I think some people are starting to complain.

Wolf- 76 Death
Jack Ash- 27 Life
That may be your take on it, but I don't see it that way at all.
It is a helpful hand reaching down from the sky. In a game full of myth and legend and magic, why would you assume this is God's hand? And if it is, which God? There are a bunch of them featured in the game: Zeus to name just one.
And sorry, I've seen no other complaints about this spell.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
General Jack Squat on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
So, I know i'm not the only one who's noticed this, but clearly the hand that comes down is God's hand. I'm a Christian and all, but I think some people are starting to complain.

Wolf- 76 Death
Jack Ash- 27 Life
Sorry, I disagree with you.

I seen nothing wrong with that spell and I have 2 accounts with a life on each. There has never been any complaints about this or any other spell depicting anything that they shouldn't and especially not where religions are concerned...... Players see this spell as a healing/helping hand and nothing more.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
122
General Jack Squat on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
So, I know i'm not the only one who's noticed this, but clearly the hand that comes down is God's hand. I'm a Christian and all, but I think some people are starting to complain.

Wolf- 76 Death
Jack Ash- 27 Life
I agree -- and it sort of offends me because I don't really have a religion (but I believe in good values, such as the ones that Jesus teaches) and maybe the spell animation should change? Mostly I think it looks cool... but I am kind of worried about that, because I know of another few friends of mine that don't have a religion as well that would take offence in that.

Squire
Jul 18, 2010
568
General Jack Squat on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
So, I know i'm not the only one who's noticed this, but clearly the hand that comes down is God's hand. I'm a Christian and all, but I think some people are starting to complain.

Wolf- 76 Death
Jack Ash- 27 Life
I am a Christian too and I also thought of that spell as the hand of God but I don't take any offense to it. I thought it was very clever and cool others see that spell as just a random hand lol. And btw RavenLady, which God? The Savior, e one true God ;)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Actually as a Life wizard I really never bothered with this spell. I always called it "the finger". "Oh no, that monster is giving himself the "finger", is my usual comment. Altho this spell does appear coming out of the clouds I really never referenced it as being the "hand of God".

Keep in mind that KI goes out of it's way to remain bias on many things in the game. It's best to see some things in the game at face value not try to read any hidden meanings in them.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
146
i know what you mean yea i do think it might be a slight refference to god but then again the game has a lot of different religions in it so it don't bother me.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
12
Stormgem307 on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
I am a Christian too and I also thought of that spell as the hand of God but I don't take any offense to it. I thought it was very clever and cool others see that spell as just a random hand lol. And btw RavenLady, which God? The Savior, e one true God ;)
i find that a little offensive because when you are just asking "who's hand is it?" it is just a normal conversation. but saying "the savior, the one true god", you will start to offend some people. because not everyone belives in your god or idea of god. religion is a touchy subject so we should not start talking about it on the fourems for a family friendly game.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
20
Alright so i looked at this thread a while ago and decided not to reply, but some of your guys's answers make me wanna.

Some people on here seem to not have heard any complaints about this particular spell, but i have.

Kingsisle obviously did not create this animation to imply anything about god. I myself am christian, and it doesn't suggest anything religious to me at all. It reflects none of the values specific to my religion and i don't think anywhere in the old testament, new testament, quar'an, or any other mainstream religious texts say anything about god sticking his hand out of a cloud.

The spiral is a world of magic. MAGIC. Expect outragous, miraculous things. Giant gnomes, two headed dogs, dragons, talking dogs & zebras. Giant hand sticking out of cloud healing you = magic. It's a magic spell, not the second coming of jesus. Some people need to chill. It doesn't offend me, a christian, or my atheist friend.

Alexander Rainbowfountain &

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
305
Well in this world of wizards, magic, and legends, we think it is sign of "giving people a hand". But yea. But this could cause a forum feud of religion and religious beliefs so we might wanna lock this topic now that I think about it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
Stormgem307 on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
I am a Christian too and I also thought of that spell as the hand of God but I don't take any offense to it. I thought it was very clever and cool others see that spell as just a random hand lol. And btw RavenLady, which God? The Savior, e one true God ;)
Not everyone is Christian. Not everyone believes is "One true God."

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
What do you mean by "some people are starting to complain?"

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
137
Wait a second. Why are we even talking about this? It's just a hand that comes out of a cloud. I bet someone at KI decided to make that spell because it looked cool. And besides; that spell came out a LONG TIME AGO! 2008 or 2009 but I think it was the first one. So anyways; if we're gonna argue over this; the argument should've been either long ago or never happened. It's just Regeneration. That hand helps you and nowhere in the Bible says that God sticks his hand out of a cloud. The closet thing to that was some doves; and either a hand or a image of God but nah. The hand one seems more realistic because everyone would burn if they seen the image of God. EVEN THE ONES WITH SHADES ON! Well maybe not with them on because they weren't made in the Bible so you better get your sunglasses before Jesus comes back! Okay so anyways we're allowed to have religion threads now on Wizard101? I thought that was against the TOU. Well if it isn't; then don't lock it. If it is; do lock it. So basically this should answer everyone's questions so you should lock it well maybe. It can stay unlocked but look at that TOU to decide your opinion. If it was me; I would let it stay unlocked because we're just talking about A SPELL! So this post should make you happy and should clear things up. And you can keep on posting under me or reply to me if it isn't locked of course. Now bye! :)

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
General Jack Squat on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
So, I know i'm not the only one who's noticed this, but clearly the hand that comes down is God's hand. I'm a Christian and all, but I think some people are starting to complain.

Wolf- 76 Death
Jack Ash- 27 Life
Just because you are christian, does not mean you can infer things coming from the sky is god. I don't understand how the random hand that comes out of clouds is a hand god possesses.Who is to say his hand actually looks like that, now I don't want to infer the properties of god's hands especially the characteristics. Tell me how it is clearly his? How is the hand god's hand? Can you show me a picture of his hand?
.

Administrator
This discussion is not appropriate for our message boards.

This spell references Monty Python, and nothing more.


community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jan 27, 2010
325
Today I was farming the jade oni when I saw a life wizard use a spell called regenerate....I find the spell to be quite offensive because you see my mother and I saw it as gods hand coming down from the clouds, and I believe religion has no place in a childs MMORPG so please understand that I have no problem with the spells stats or name, I simply dislike the animation is all and I hope you consider changing it because whilst I like wizard101 very much if my mother finds any component of it too distasteful I will cease to play it.