Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

recovery of training points.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
since the confusion of training points has arisen.
it occured to me that with malistaire gone now
the accruing of training points should be marked and restarted.
then at this point you are stuck with all those elementary spell you bought before you became a grand master.

some one in base camp should be allowed to provide you with the chance to
reset those points or a portion of those points for crowns as it is done in
golem court. you would only get back say the last 3 points you spent
and no more. and as you level up it repeats in each new world you encounter.

if i had know where the gargantuan spell had been put i would have not bought the polymorph spell. as it is there is no way to i can think of to get anymore training
points unless some one knows what i may have missed.

When young Wizards first start out at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they are often excited by the many different spells to spend Training Points on, such as shields and magical spells outside their school of focus. We understand that as Wizards progress, they sometimes wish they could return those spells in exchange for their Training Points back. Well now you can!

Mr Lincoln in Golem Court will allow you to Spend Crowns to buy back all your Training Points and return all of the spells obtained with those Training Points. You can respend your new Training Points as desired.
The price in Crowns is dependent on how many training points you have spent.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
May 20, 2010
This complaint comes up frequently, and KingsIsle has never changed their policy. Anybody who wants to buy back training points has to buy all of them back, and that costs Crowns.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
It would be very nice if we had an option to buy back one, five or all training points - with the specific training points letting us choose which spells to drop. For the cases where you choose the wrong spell by accident (such as picking the Elemental Blades at Niles, instead of Spirit Blades)...

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I understand that KI needs to see profits, but this seems a bit underhanded to me.

I apologize if I'm off the mark here, but -
Three new schools were introduced to players who had no more training points to spend. With the shortage of training points, there was money to be made on the buy-back, and I'm sure many players have shelled out for it.
Yes, there are new ways to gain a few training points, but not enough to cover the class spells on offer from the new schools.
This is especially true when you consider that Polymorph can replace most secondary school spells.
In other words, " Give us the money and you get your spells. "

In this economy, very few can play fast and loose with the budget, and especially when you consider that online game items are virtual goods.
Under the circumstances, fair play here would be to at the least to offer a deep discount to the Grandmasters who didn't 'make a rash inexperienced decision' when they chose their secondary school. We didn't know we would need them later on.

If the price isn't going to change for buy-back, more tasks for training points need to be added in Celestia. Fair is fair.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
ok Zeke i bought them all back and will not spend nay more then those i see i can use in Celestia..
so i shall hang on to the rest as i have found a very efficient way to kill the mobs that are of fire magic and do not need the other school spells to do so mow.
the rest do have a point.... we should be able to return those spells we do not use for training points for a very small fee of crowns like 5 or 10 crowns a point i think KI would be surprise how many people would spend crowns to get rid of spells they do not use.

and you make more money by
charging less and selling more
than charging more and selling less ...
i know i been in retain for over several decades