Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rant..

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Alright, this is a rant and it's annoying to deal with.

- Fizzles: I am a Life wizard, along with Balance, Death, Storm, Fire, Myth.
I have NEVER experienced more fizzles in my game play. My storm didn't fizzle as much as my Life Wizard.

- Spiders: I think it's ridiculous that the Death spiders, can cast SCARECROW, and the minions can't cast their spells? That's just not fair.

- Getting caught: So, everyone knows when you're in battle you can just ESC, and come back. I think that if you're not meant to fight a certain monster, you shouldn't get pulled in..

- Send Away Button: It's still not working, it wouldn't let me send away this rude person in my house.

- Monsters: This is another problem, the Monsters have like an obsession with "black mantles" and "weaknesses" I know, it's random what spells they use. But, come on! I got six weaknesses in a ROW in the Crystal Grove.

- - - Tell me what you think.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Fizzle: That maybe just a luck. Maybe you just start to play a life wizard and a storm wizard. Don't prejudge something . (This is just a infrence)

Spiders: Is that spider a Boss? I am sorry to be noob but i am not there yet. I am still have to beat the Pyromancer's tomb in order to enter Dragonspyre academy. If it is a boss, is natural cause some boss can do some super powerful spells that no minion can do.

Cauth: That one of the challenge in the game. In K park, you just have to take the middle walk instead or sidewalk.

SAB: That maybe a bug, send a ticket.

Monsters: Only hard Dragonspyre monsters can do something like that.

That is one challenge.

Can those solve your problems?

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I'm waiting on KI to come out with the Fizzle Badge and the Weakness Badge.

We all sure deserve it.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
It's not that I am judging that. It's Life has 90% which means it shouldn't fizzle but 10% of the time. I fizzle more about 85% of the time.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Fizzles: I am a Life wizard, along with Balance, Death, Storm, Fire, Myth.
I have NEVER experienced more fizzles in my game play. My storm didn't fizzle as much as my Life Wizard.

Life has a high percentage of not fizzling. It just sounds like you had a bad run.

Spiders: I think it's ridiculous that the Death spiders, can cast SCARECROW, and the minions can't cast their spells? That's just not fair.

It must be a boss. I don't recall any spiders casting scarecrow, at least not the ones on the streets.

- Getting caught: So, everyone knows when you're in battle you can just ESC, and come back. I think that if you're not meant to fight a certain monster, you shouldn't get pulled in..
That is part of the challenge and fun plus some frustrations. The higher level you are, the more challenging it becomes. Like you said, there is always the esc button.

Send Away Button: It's still not working, it wouldn't let me send away this rude person in my house.
If you read KNOWN BUGS, you will see all the bugs KI is aware of, including this one.

- Monsters: This is another problem, the Monsters have like an obsession with "black mantles" and "weaknesses" I know, it's random what spells they use. But, come on! I got six weaknesses in a ROW in the Crystal Grove.
If you are fighting alone than you will get a lot, same thing if you are in the first spot. This is also part of the challenge and working out a stragedy to overcome it.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I really dislike fizzles as they always happen at the most inapporate times. I find, at least in the first two worlds, that fizzles are most likely to happen when you need them not to.

For instance, i should have won a boss fight execpt that the ice beetle that would have killed the minion fizzled. Then right after that i got hit with a fire elf and fire bird. The fire elf finished me off in two turns since i only had 140hp left and no farries in my hand.

I've had a lot of examples like that to the point where i feel cheated when i fizzle.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
jaronuts wrote:
I'm waiting on KI to come out with the Fizzle Badge and the Weakness Badge.

We all sure deserve it.

My friend says I should have a fizzleitis badge

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Fizzles: I am a Life wizard, along with Balance, Death, Storm, Fire, Myth.

Although life, as has already been said here, has a 90% chance of having spells hit, that also means a 10% chance of spells fizzling. That's 1 in 10 times that your spell will fizzle - if you have bad luck, you may hit that 1 time multiple rounds in a row. Just as you sometimes can go through 20-30 rounds without any fizzles.

Monsters: This is another problem, the Monsters have like an obsession with "black mantles" and "weaknesses" I know, it's random what spells they use. But, come on! I got six weaknesses in a ROW in the Crystal Grove.
Weaknesses are abused by the mobs; however, don't you put a Weakness on a very strong boss or shield yourself to keep it from killing you instantly? The mobs think of you as a very hard boss that happens to hunt them down.

Spiders: I think it's ridiculous that the Death spiders, can cast SCARECROW, and the minions can't cast their spells? That's just not fair.
Which Death spiders, and where? I haven't met a spider that would cast Scarecrow... You aren't mistaking it for Harvest Lord (also summons a scarecrow, but the Harvest Lord throws his bird at you for fire damage)?

Getting caught: So, everyone knows when you're in battle you can just ESC, and come back. I think that if you're not meant to fight a certain monster, you shouldn't get pulled in..
While I also hate getting pulled into battles, it would be far more annoying if you were unable to join battles with mobs that you don't need - partially because it would make it impossible to help friends, and because it would make it impossible to farm enemies for money or experience. Just stick to the sidewalks/close to the walls, and you should manage. Also, keep in mind that enemies cannot see behind themselves, so you can sneak right behind a mob without getting into a fight.