Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

RAID THE COMMONS!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
4
So I was just thinking what would be cool, if you know your in WC talking to Mindy Pixecrown in Col Blvd, and you Get a Ding from Head Master, "The Commons is under attack", When you Pop to the Commons (or any area really) the sky is dark and it's Lord Night Shade followed by Ghouls, Huanted Minions, Field Minions (the pimkin head scarecrow things), The raid the area, and people are forced into battle.

You could have Raids to attack different areas and different realms from time to time. The Cinematics would be off the chain. And there should be some great drops especially for who ever kills the Boss thats leading the party. And the Raid should last about 30 to 45 or even 60 minutes, continually respawning until time runs out, with a cool endscene, and EVERYONE who fought in a battle in the area at that time should recieve a badge for that particular Raid. like "Wizard City TaskForce badge" or break it down "FireKat Alley Raid Brigade" or something. Please comment, because you have to do something new.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
It can be really annoying if you want to do a particular quest but can't because some special event had disabled it.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
72
Personally, I love the idea! I can see come complications since people go to the commons to heal and regain mana, but I think it's awesome!

I would love to see special events of all kinds go on in the game periodically. It's a nice break from the "daily grind" of questing, and renews the interest in playing for those that may be getting a bit burned out. Special items or badges could be awarded too as an extra incentive.

Great idea!
Cat

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
186
I think this is a great idea, I agree that it would help with the break up of the day to day quests. As far as the problem with people going to the commons to fill up the health and mana, put in a port to the fairgrounds areas so people can use the mini-games if they choose or leave it where the raids are on the streets to where people can stay on the sidewalks to stay out of the battles if they choose.

I think it should be done like once a month on a Saturday to have the most effect for people. In my own experience, the servers seem to be more full or crowded on the weekends.

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
4
that would be cool but, if you want to be effective just add a new realm specifically for that :D

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
16
Quizzical wrote:
It can be really annoying if you want to do a particular quest but can't because some special event had disabled it.


Your right. That would be a problem. Plus if someone might do just one battle and get a lot of credit for it. And only a certain number of people are allowed to battle at a time. It wouldnt be fair if you go staight to the boss but cant join because 4 people are already battling him. And if you are battling him and die, where would you go? The comms is the place being invaded. The idea is cool but the outcome is isnt fair.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
29
Jahtee wrote:
So I was just thinking what would be cool, if you know your in WC talking to Mindy Pixecrown in Col Blvd, and you Get a Ding from Head Master, "The Commons is under attack", When you Pop to the Commons (or any area really) the sky is dark and it's Lord Night Shade followed by Ghouls, Huanted Minions, Field Minions (the pimkin head scarecrow things), The raid the area, and people are forced into battle.

You could have Raids to attack different areas and different realms from time to time. The Cinematics would be off the chain. And there should be some great drops especially for who ever kills the Boss thats leading the party. And the Raid should last about 30 to 45 or even 60 minutes, continually respawning until time runs out, with a cool endscene, and EVERYONE who fought in a battle in the area at that time should recieve a badge for that particular Raid. like "Wizard City TaskForce badge" or break it down "FireKat Alley Raid Brigade" or something. Please comment, because you have to do something new.


i disagree what if your a small lvl and you die it wouldn't be a good start for you and i've seen that happen on games they did a few times because its hard and they quit

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
11
This is a great idea!

I've just gotten to Dragonspyre, and let me tell you raids would be a relief from the day-to-day basis of endless battling, questing, and towering.

I say raids should be implemented ASAP. : D

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
54
I think it would be a lot of fun! But maybe an "opt-out" button or something for someone who didn't want to participate in the battle might be a good idea?
But it sounds like something that would be a fun.

Sarai Dragonstone
Lvl 50!!!!!! (not ten minutes ago :D :D :D :D ) Ice/Storm

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
15
Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
2
I love the idea, but what if you're just starting out in Wizard City, and then there's a raid? If any world should have raids, it's probably Dragonspyre. There's more experienced players there.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
144
if all of wizard city is being covered with enemys where will they heal?


see ya around
kckool :--)

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
2
Berry2498 wrote:
I love the idea, but what if you're just starting out in Wizard City, and then there's a raid? If any world should have raids, it's probably Dragonspyre. There's more experienced players there. ;)



You are right dragonspyre has the strongest players BUT i go there and i am a level 26 all i do is port to my friends when they are in dragonspyre . But if there is going to be a raid i dont think i want to port to dragonspyre NO MORE but who knows it may be some fun.

Here is an idea i had for a new world on wizard101 not the same as the one they are about to release grizzlegeim. Ok i was thinking about this under water city were ther could be sharks, mermaids, and krakens, also with some other stuff swimming around in it. If they were to create this world we would have this specail suit to wear it would allow us to swim and breath under water. I also think that we should have new spells like there could be a second schoole of electric in this new worl well thats all i have for now people pleae tell me anything you would like to add top it because i think everyones ideas are good . And i think ill post again sometime tomorrow or the nexrt day but people please reply to me. ORAN LIONWEILDER LVL 26

Survivor
May 23, 2008
31
Very 'toontown' like, and that mechanic worked well. For those not wanting to participate you can change realms. I think it is a great idea for those wanting a special badge, different drops, etc. Lots of options if done right.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
6
Personally, I disagree with this thread's topic. I have seen games where their purpose is completely shattered when they have added that raid ability. *cough* Trivian *cough*

IF it is added, or if it's addition is underway, I would like to see if you could add a friends-only raid, or one where you have to agree to join the raid to participate.

Until then, I will stay where I said.

Michael TitanStalker
level 11 myth/fire student

Community Leader
Survivor
May 02, 2009
1
Raids sound awesome problem seems that commons is a "safe zone" but everywher else is fairgame. As far as the lower level wizards being destroyed and quitting. make the bad guys different levels. I am level 45 and I help everybody. If someone calls and needs help I go, it is US against the bad guys that is why there are 4 openings to fight.

Talon Deathbringer :-) death/myth/storm

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
75
Quizzical wrote:
It can be really annoying if you want to do a particular quest but can't because some special event had disabled it.


Well, you could put a yes or no option!

Blake LionFlame
LVL 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
66
Jahtee wrote:
So I was just thinking what would be cool, if you know your in WC talking to Mindy Pixecrown in Col Blvd, and you Get a Ding from Head Master, "The Commons is under attack", When you Pop to the Commons (or any area really) the sky is dark and it's Lord Night Shade followed by Ghouls, Huanted Minions, Field Minions (the pimkin head scarecrow things), The raid the area, and people are forced into battle.

You could have Raids to attack different areas and different realms from time to time. The Cinematics would be off the chain. And there should be some great drops especially for who ever kills the Boss thats leading the party. And the Raid should last about 30 to 45 or even 60 minutes, continually respawning until time runs out, with a cool endscene, and EVERYONE who fought in a battle in the area at that time should recieve a badge for that particular Raid. like "Wizard City TaskForce badge" or break it down "FireKat Alley Raid Brigade" or something. Please comment, because you have to do something new.

I, personally, do not really like this idea. What if you're trying to do something in WC but you can't get around because you're constantly getting pulled into these, "raid battles?" If this did happen, there should be a realm that does this and does this ONLY.
My main reason for not liking this idea is the fact that it would be a WHOLE lot of trouble for the people down at KI. This seems like something that would take a while to program and design. There are plenty of other games that already have this kind of thing, I think that Wizard101 will do fine without it.

Just my 2 cents...

Duncan E.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
1
Jahtee wrote:
So I was just thinking what would be cool, if you know your in WC talking to Mindy Pixecrown in Col Blvd, and you Get a Ding from Head Master, "The Commons is under attack", When you Pop to the Commons (or any area really) the sky is dark and it's Lord Night Shade followed by Ghouls, Huanted Minions, Field Minions (the pimkin head scarecrow things), The raid the area, and people are forced into battle.

You could have Raids to attack different areas and different realms from time to time. The Cinematics would be off the chain. And there should be some great drops especially for who ever kills the Boss thats leading the party. And the Raid should last about 30 to 45 or even 60 minutes, continually respawning until time runs out, with a cool endscene, and EVERYONE who fought in a battle in the area at that time should recieve a badge for that particular Raid. like "Wizard City TaskForce badge" or break it down "FireKat Alley Raid Brigade" or something. Please comment, because you have to do something new.
awesome idea i love it

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
6
This seems like a really fun idea. But if it did happen, there should be some kind of special realm for it.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
6
Ok so raiding the commons sounds cool but I dont understand how to do it. Could you post more information?