Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions about grub guardian and codes for KI

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
"Sorry if this isn't the right place to post and or ask these questions, but this is the most supportive place I could find, if theirs a better place to get answers quicker, please respond :)"

"The next paragraph has been written by me while listening to other peoples complaints (which have worried me), so please be patient"

So I've been playing a little mini-game made my KI called grub guardian. This game allows you to play a tower defense (ish) game that trains your pet or gives you in game items. Now I've spent crowns on this game buying all the map packs and towers. Now from what I've learned from looking up more info on this game, is that you can only play for prizes (codes) 25 times per day. Now I was completely fine with this (to stop bots farming), till I saw a side thread talking about having not just a maximum code (prize) limit per day, but for life.(Link to thread about my concerns: www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?377114-Grubb-Guardian-Wow!-You-have-played-Grub-Guardian-so-successfully ) I've played this game probably 100's of times to win prizes for my wizard, grinding hours and hours to get those pesky energy elixirs to level my pets, but when I saw this thread (with in-game screenshots included) I got greatly concerned. It seems that KI has set a limit on the total amount of prizes (codes) you can use on an account for life, and then locks it up for good. The thread posted above estimates that this maximum number is somewhere near 1000 codes. This has actually scared me because since I've played this game for a while i'm quite scared that i'm gonna reach my limit and then all the crowns (my own real world money) I spent on a game made by KI is basically useless. I'm gonna be honest, I spent a good chunk of my crowns (and a long time getting a life pet to mega), to farm the crown Wondra levels to get a small chance to get packs, but from what I've read, my happiness is going to be short lived. The thread has also came to the conclusion that this is locking your account entirely from entering codes into your Wizard101 account to prevent "exploiting" or whatever. I've been thinking about purchasing 2 more bundles "spiral cup and the fishing one" to further my wizards variety, but now i'm to scared to even play the game in fear of locking my account and not even being able to enter the codes from the bundles I got from the store. Now when I used my crowns to buy new map packs and towers, I was never told that their was a limit to how much prizes you could get a day and that their was a limit for life so eventually all the stuff I bought in the game was just to "get a chance" at some packs.

1. Is getting your account locked up for life even true?

2. Why was their no disclaimer that eventually your account would be locked up for good

3. Is their a way to get your account unlocked?"

4. If not, is their ways to refund crowns because if my account is locked, theirs no reason why I'd play this game anymore.

-Thanks

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
also, why life? why not all the schools?

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
lifedude2002 on May 10, 2015 wrote:
also, why life? why not all the schools?
jk i did that as a joke

although, this is a problem worth concerning about. Not all the players here can afford the crowns or memberships available for this game, so most of them use these codes for in-game prizes

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
A limit to EVERY code for LIFE?!?! I know, I know, don't believe every rumor out there, but true or not it's definetly scary. Maybe try and contact customer support? And try again if you detect anything fishy. I'm a Trivia player myself, for the crowns, and I have a friend who's entire crowns depend on that game. So if people get shut down . . . This is worrying indeed.

Administrator
Hello Masman,

There is a limit to the number of codes you can redeem per account from Grub Guardian. It is quite high and unlikely that you would reach that number through normal amounts of gameplay. And remember, you can always play Grub Guardian for pet experience instead of for codes.

This limit of codes does not affect redeeming codes from other sources, such as bundles that you have purchased.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Professor Greyrose on May 22, 2015 wrote:
Hello Masman,

There is a limit to the number of codes you can redeem per account from Grub Guardian. It is quite high and unlikely that you would reach that number through normal amounts of gameplay. And remember, you can always play Grub Guardian for pet experience instead of for codes.

This limit of codes does not affect redeeming codes from other sources, such as bundles that you have purchased.
I do have a question, though: Is there a limit to how many times you can play Trivia, Professor Greyrose? Besides the 10 Quizzes daily, I'm ok with that one.

Administrator
Max Sterling on May 22, 2015 wrote:
I do have a question, though: Is there a limit to how many times you can play Trivia, Professor Greyrose? Besides the 10 Quizzes daily, I'm ok with that one.
The 10 per day limit is the only limit on trivia.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Wow, thank you very much for clearing this all up for us, Prof. Greyrose.