Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about Reports

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
26
I only friend those I quest with so that we can private chat and teleport. To maintain my online security, I remove all friends at the end of the day except for the ones I know in real life.

I was in Grizzleheim ready to battle Jotun. Another guy came with me and asked to add me. So I did and we defeated Jotun together. Once we defeated him I went to Ravenscar alone and started the questing there. Soon, I took him off my friends list for the reason above. Little did I know he was following me and hiding behind the rocks (creepy). Shortly after he reported me and came out of his hiding spot. I told him that false reports count against him but he said what I did was "false sportsmanship" and that he could report me for it. So I left him and continued my questing and was not bothered again.

Was he false reporting me or will this report count against me? I feel I have the freedom to take anyone I please off the friends list but will this make me banned? I didn't say anything inappropriate.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
I only friend those I quest with so that we can private chat and teleport. To maintain my online security, I remove all friends at the end of the day except for the ones I know in real life.

I was in Grizzleheim ready to battle Jotun. Another guy came with me and asked to add me. So I did and we defeated Jotun together. Once we defeated him I went to Ravenscar alone and started the questing there. Soon, I took him off my friends list for the reason above. Little did I know he was following me and hiding behind the rocks (creepy). Shortly after he reported me and came out of his hiding spot. I told him that false reports count against him but he said what I did was "false sportsmanship" and that he could report me for it. So I left him and continued my questing and was not bothered again.

Was he false reporting me or will this report count against me? I feel I have the freedom to take anyone I please off the friends list but will this make me banned? I didn't say anything inappropriate.
HI, I'm Grace DreamRider level 77 life and I have been in that same position. Do not worry, it will not count against you or him since you can remove who you want, when you want, and reasons of your own. If it does count against you, you can e-mail Kingsisle with a polite "voice" saying why it shouldn't. But there is no real reason to worry. If all he reported you for was false sportsmanship, Kingsisle will shrug it off, but if he reported you for something else it will count against him- not you. Another thing is that you only get banned if you have 5 (i think) major reports against you like swearing, cyber bullying, or something else that they wouldn't want on their game. So don not worry at all.
I hope this helped!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
I only friend those I quest with so that we can private chat and teleport. To maintain my online security, I remove all friends at the end of the day except for the ones I know in real life.

I was in Grizzleheim ready to battle Jotun. Another guy came with me and asked to add me. So I did and we defeated Jotun together. Once we defeated him I went to Ravenscar alone and started the questing there. Soon, I took him off my friends list for the reason above. Little did I know he was following me and hiding behind the rocks (creepy). Shortly after he reported me and came out of his hiding spot. I told him that false reports count against him but he said what I did was "false sportsmanship" and that he could report me for it. So I left him and continued my questing and was not bothered again.

Was he false reporting me or will this report count against me? I feel I have the freedom to take anyone I please off the friends list but will this make me banned? I didn't say anything inappropriate.
His report was false and does not count against you and if he makes them regular his account is in danger not yours.

You can not be banned for taking people off your friends list.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
I only friend those I quest with so that we can private chat and teleport. To maintain my online security, I remove all friends at the end of the day except for the ones I know in real life.

I was in Grizzleheim ready to battle Jotun. Another guy came with me and asked to add me. So I did and we defeated Jotun together. Once we defeated him I went to Ravenscar alone and started the questing there. Soon, I took him off my friends list for the reason above. Little did I know he was following me and hiding behind the rocks (creepy). Shortly after he reported me and came out of his hiding spot. I told him that false reports count against him but he said what I did was "false sportsmanship" and that he could report me for it. So I left him and continued my questing and was not bothered again.

Was he false reporting me or will this report count against me? I feel I have the freedom to take anyone I please off the friends list but will this make me banned? I didn't say anything inappropriate.
You did nothing wrong...and were correct in that his reporting was false. Next time instead of removing him, hit ignore instead. He/she will not be able to find you. You can remove him/her later on after they get the message.

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
79
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
I only friend those I quest with so that we can private chat and teleport. To maintain my online security, I remove all friends at the end of the day except for the ones I know in real life.

I was in Grizzleheim ready to battle Jotun. Another guy came with me and asked to add me. So I did and we defeated Jotun together. Once we defeated him I went to Ravenscar alone and started the questing there. Soon, I took him off my friends list for the reason above. Little did I know he was following me and hiding behind the rocks (creepy). Shortly after he reported me and came out of his hiding spot. I told him that false reports count against him but he said what I did was "false sportsmanship" and that he could report me for it. So I left him and continued my questing and was not bothered again.

Was he false reporting me or will this report count against me? I feel I have the freedom to take anyone I please off the friends list but will this make me banned? I didn't say anything inappropriate.
That guy was calling your bluff. Anyone can say whatever they like, but I think you would benefit from reading the terms of use, as well as this post from Prospector Zeke:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/i-got-reported-28843

If you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. That guy, however, could face sanctions from KI (possibly losing his reporting privileges altogether), especially if he has a history of making false reports.

-von

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
114
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
I only friend those I quest with so that we can private chat and teleport. To maintain my online security, I remove all friends at the end of the day except for the ones I know in real life.

I was in Grizzleheim ready to battle Jotun. Another guy came with me and asked to add me. So I did and we defeated Jotun together. Once we defeated him I went to Ravenscar alone and started the questing there. Soon, I took him off my friends list for the reason above. Little did I know he was following me and hiding behind the rocks (creepy). Shortly after he reported me and came out of his hiding spot. I told him that false reports count against him but he said what I did was "false sportsmanship" and that he could report me for it. So I left him and continued my questing and was not bothered again.

Was he false reporting me or will this report count against me? I feel I have the freedom to take anyone I please off the friends list but will this make me banned? I didn't say anything inappropriate.
false report, you can't get reported by just false sportsmanship.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
357
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
I only friend those I quest with so that we can private chat and teleport. To maintain my online security, I remove all friends at the end of the day except for the ones I know in real life.

I was in Grizzleheim ready to battle Jotun. Another guy came with me and asked to add me. So I did and we defeated Jotun together. Once we defeated him I went to Ravenscar alone and started the questing there. Soon, I took him off my friends list for the reason above. Little did I know he was following me and hiding behind the rocks (creepy). Shortly after he reported me and came out of his hiding spot. I told him that false reports count against him but he said what I did was "false sportsmanship" and that he could report me for it. So I left him and continued my questing and was not bothered again.

Was he false reporting me or will this report count against me? I feel I have the freedom to take anyone I please off the friends list but will this make me banned? I didn't say anything inappropriate.
No this won't. You choose who you want for your friends, and have the freedom of removing them as you please. His report is a false report and will most likely get him in trouble. You have done nothing wrong.

-Nick
"If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'"

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
If he did report you it is a false report. You can friend and un-friend anyone you like for any reason. This is just weird behavior on the other person's part. Myself, I would probably have dropped the person from my list for stalking me, and then changed realms.

That said, I don't think you need to worry much about online security breeches coming from friends in the game. They have no access to your real identity, passwords, and real data on you from the game -- unless you were to share that with them, which would be a bad idea. They are friending a wizard persona -- not you. So unless the people you friend in the game turn out not to be friendly, it is safe to leave them on your friends list. You may actually make some good in-game friends that way.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
18
Hi Luke, I hope removing friends wouldn't hurt your player status. It doesn't seem like it should.

To set expectations would it make sense when asked "add me" to perhaps say "ok, sure, but only for this dungeon" (or boss fights, etc).

I would personally have never reported you just for removing me. I may have been a little sad and worried that I had somehow offended you (and may ask you about that, if I see you still in the realm), but I would respect your wishes to go separate ways without complaint/reporting etc.

I'm curious , how did you know he reported you? I assume he told you that he did.
Did the game inform you of this also?

IGN: Diana Raveneyes

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
39
Thats a false reason to report someone, you have nothing to worry about.

Wolf LifeShard

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
307
If it is not counted as a false report, a thing will pop up saying you have been reported. If this did not pop up, it was counted as a false report and you're fine.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
11
No, it doesn't count against you if he reported you for deleting him. You have the freedom to delete anyone you want and ignore them for your own reasons. He probably doesn't know that if you did nothing wrong at all, that he can't report you. He probably just got upset because you deleted him. Hey, I delete people that bother me or make me feel uncomfortable in their presence. Your reason is a good one too, to keep your friends list from over-crowding. So, there isn't really anything to worry about, he reported you somewhat-falsely, but it wont count against you, I think. Have fun in the spiral!!

Ashley Griffin: Level 79

Explorer
May 11, 2012
91
What HE did is considered false reporting. If it happened the way you said it did (and I tend to believe you ), then you have nothing to worry about. KI will check the chat logs, and as long as you did not saying anything inappropriate, you will be fine. But the person who reported you may get himself in trouble for the false report, especially if he has done something like this before . Relax, try to enjoy your time in Grizzleheim, and don't let that bad apple spoil your fun. Good Luck

Autumn FairyDreamer

Survivor
Sep 13, 2013
1
RavenLady777 on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
You did nothing wrong...and were correct in that his reporting was false. Next time instead of removing him, hit ignore instead. He/she will not be able to find you. You can remove him/her later on after they get the message.
I am level 30 magus the best school in wizard101

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
34
Um alexx,
exactly what does having a magus diviner that is techniccaly NOT the best school have to do with this topic?
A rule about forums is dont go off topic

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
34
Um alexx,
exactly what does having a magus diviner that is techniccaly NOT the best school have to do with this topic?
A rule about forums is dont go off topic

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
25
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
I only friend those I quest with so that we can private chat and teleport. To maintain my online security, I remove all friends at the end of the day except for the ones I know in real life.

I was in Grizzleheim ready to battle Jotun. Another guy came with me and asked to add me. So I did and we defeated Jotun together. Once we defeated him I went to Ravenscar alone and started the questing there. Soon, I took him off my friends list for the reason above. Little did I know he was following me and hiding behind the rocks (creepy). Shortly after he reported me and came out of his hiding spot. I told him that false reports count against him but he said what I did was "false sportsmanship" and that he could report me for it. So I left him and continued my questing and was not bothered again.

Was he false reporting me or will this report count against me? I feel I have the freedom to take anyone I please off the friends list but will this make me banned? I didn't say anything inappropriate.
Actually, if you wanted to, you could report him (or anyone for that matter) for falsely reporting you as long as you know FOR SURE that they reported you.