Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about Castle Magic and Pets/Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2013
First of all, let me just start by saying I love Castle Magic. Such a wonderful idea and so much fun. But as for my question:

I'm a bit confused as how to use castle magic on pets and whether or not there are glitches going on or something else. Allow me to elaborate.

I used castle magic in my house to devise a set-up in which after passing a magic room detector, an "event" is triggered where the character is confronted by a large raven with lightning flashing in the background. The raven then turns and flies away. I managed to do all of this actually - except get the raven to turn, and this is after I put the spell in the reflector (with the lightning spell) to trigger the raven to turn. He simply won't do it. Is it not possible to get a pet or a mount to turn with the card? Does that not work on anything but objects?

A second, though related question I have is this: Is it possible to use castle magic to cause a pet or mount to have a dramatic entrance and then attach them to a bread crumbs? For instance, let's say I had a magic room detector activated so that when you passed it, a unicorn would suddenly appear with magic sparkles and a rainbow - could I make it so that following its appearance, it becomes attached to breadcrumbs and goes about its way?

Thanks so much for your time!

I’m sorry but there currently isn’t a way to do this.

Normal pet and mount movement and Bread Crumb movement are overriding your Castle Magic Spells.

Also, there isn’t a way to switch a pet’s Bread Crumb assignment with Castle Magic.

But these are both interesting ideas!

For the Spring Update, I’ll look into new Castle Magic spells that would let you do both of these things.

Arthur

Survivor
May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for responding! I really appreciate your kindness! And glad to hear that you found those ideas intriguing and will look into them!

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
I like the castle magic, just can not figure out how to use some, or when to use a different one. Like the orbs, make no sense to me. Can we get an instruction page on how to use each one, and what they do