Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest 'Portal Combat' Uncompleteable

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
Quest name: Portal Combat, Tower Archives, DS
Quest objective: Locate Wizard's tower in Tower Archives

Once all four crystals are activated, the crystal vortex appears. But my character can't seem to interact with it in order to reach the Wizard's tower. Running through the vortex doesn't trigger the teleport, and there's no option to 'press X' to interact with the vortex.

I went back to the four crystals to see if it was possible to resummon the vortex, but they're inert at this stage of the quest chain. Relogging did'nt resolve the issue either.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
After the servers went down this morning for maintenance, the quest worked fine for me again. Thanks!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Mercadia wrote:
Quest name: Portal Combat, Tower Archives, DS
Quest objective: Locate Wizard's tower in Tower Archives

Once all four crystals are activated, the crystal vortex appears. But my character can't seem to interact with it in order to reach the Wizard's tower. Running through the vortex doesn't trigger the teleport, and there's no option to 'press X' to interact with the vortex.

I went back to the four crystals to see if it was possible to resummon the vortex, but they're inert at this stage of the quest chain. Relogging did'nt resolve the issue either.

my charachter cant go through it either and i dont know when they do matinence i want to finish the quest but since it wont work i am really mad because all my friends are getting ahead of me while i am stuck on that one quest cant the staff fix the bug so we dont have to wait until matinence?

Survivor
May 03, 2009
i have the same issue. :(

i have activated the last crystal about a minute before when the server went down last night. now, Crystal Vortex doesn't do anything. i have logged out and logged back in many times with no success.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Do some server hopping. It's kind of like the "weapons cache" bug in Ravenscar.