Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest overload?!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
I have deleted several of my "Higher" level chars because i have random quests from all over about getting like 20 books from all over the world, in every world... in other words i had random quests that could take like an hour to get each 1/4 of them done in past worlds that i did
NOT feel like doing, i've even quit several times because of my favorite chars ruined by so maaany quests (of course i came back for every time up until now tho... i'm very indecisive)... i know it seems lazy but it would be awesome to have the ability to abandon quests that you've accepted.

Administrator
Goodness please don't make Prospector Zeke repeat himself! :)

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/27843.ftl#150791

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Because I didn't want the quest overload, I decided not to do some side quests. But having been legendary for a while and cleaned my quest book, I notice I had gaps in my badges. So, just recently, my legendary went back to Fire Cat Alley to pick-up and finish these side quests... and finally got the 3 street badge -

And my third wizard "skipped" Collosus Blvd, but went back to complete it.

Sometimes it's hard to find the side quests that were missed.

Soooo - for me, as I work my lower wizards now, I get every side quest in sight and just do them. I make sure quests from the previous world (with the exception of crafting) are done before moving on to the next one. It keeps the quest book clean.

If you don't really care about the badges - yeah it's better not to accept these side quests. Just know it'll be hard to locate them later if you decline and decide to do them.

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 46 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 myth
Nora SeaStone lvl 15 storm

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Those quests for finding books and other stuff all over the place give some decent rewards. The ones from Prospector Zeke give you one training point for each completed quests. They are also very easy to complete since the books are located in boss dungeons and you are usually staring right at them after you defeat the boss. The ones for Zeke are a bit harder and require a little bit of searching but they aren't too bad.

As for any other side quest, those usually aren't too bad either because you are right in the area that the monsters or whatever is required for the quest. This also gives you some nice xp which will help you to move through the game easier.

If you still don't want to do them, then just read the quest information before you accept it and if it is something you don't want to do, just decline the quest and it won't show up in your log.