Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest helper disappears

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
For the last few days, in Dragonspyre, the quest helper comes and goes and seems to depend on what your current quest is. The quest helper works until you are sent to go after a specific character, then the quest helper disappears until you defeat the boss and then comes back to guide you back to "turn in" the quest.

I have the quest helper turned on in the options and have tried crtl-t when the helper goes away, nothing brings it back until it comes back on it's own.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
af6at wrote:
For the last few days, in Dragonspyre, the quest helper comes and goes and seems to depend on what your current quest is. The quest helper works until you are sent to go after a specific character, then the quest helper disappears until you defeat the boss and then comes back to guide you back to "turn in" the quest.

I have the quest helper turned on in the options and have tried crtl-t when the helper goes away, nothing brings it back until it comes back on it's own.

This is a bug with the quest helper arrow. It started last week after the latest updates, including the CTRL + T change.

There is a thread started in the Ravenwood section of these Message Boards called "Technical Problems" where you will find MANY complaints about the quest arrow.

A reply from Sir Reginald Baxby said this:

SirReginaldBaxby
Developer

Thank you for bringing this problem for our attention. We have received the ticket and working to resolve the issue.

We would appreciate if you list the names of the quests that you have problems with in this thread.

Thank you again.
Sir Reginald Baxby
The Big Game Hunter

If you remember the names of the quests, you might want to go to the Ravenwood Section and add the quests to the list so they can work on them.

Hope this helped.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
af6at wrote:

I have had the same problem, having to go to the controls to toggle on and off, as t didn't work. I don't use it often, only with the few quests i have forgotten, but I can see why some may have a problem.