Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Helper Arrow: Is it me?

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I know I have been having problems with my death wizard, but is it just me or is the quest arrow a lot worse since the upgrades? I have noticed that it is way off on guiding through Mooshu. I when I have to go to Shoshun or Kishbe Village it keeps taking me through Homestu Village. Please do not post that I may use the map, I am already aware of that. I just want to know if I am the only one experiencing this phemenom (sp??).

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
I know I have been having problems with my death wizard, but is it just me or is the quest arrow a lot worse since the upgrades? I have noticed that it is way off on guiding through Mooshu. I when I have to go to Shoshun or Kishbe Village it keeps taking me through Homestu Village. Please do not post that I may use the map, I am already aware of that. I just want to know if I am the only one experiencing this phemenom (sp??).

The quest arrow is very VERY sensitive. If it senses the place behind one place, it will sense it and lead you through a wall. This has happened in krokotopia, as well as everywhere. For example: I was in the vault of ice, right, and we were in one of the bosses area. It told me to go through a wall, because the FINAL boss(which was the quest my arrow was on) was right next to the wall on the other side. It sensed it there, but it is not smart because you obviously CANT walk through a wall randomly. You just have to use your brain and estimate using the map where the place is. If your arrow is pointing one way, you obviously know shoshun village is NOT Kishbe Village, so you will have to estimate some of the time. But overall, the arrow does help a tad with your questing.

Delver
May 29, 2009
It is not just you. I ported back to the commons several times because I was trying to get to the Village of Sorrow and the quest helper pointed me to Hametsu Village. This was an issue because I could not just look at the map because the Village of Sorrow was not on it.

Alura Hexcaster Master Sorceress

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Totally fine, your not the only one, it does it all the time when I'm in the Labyrinth. it will point like to a cyclops when I'm trying to find Andor B. As the other said, it's VERy sensitive. Just use your map as often as you can.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
My quest arrow keeps shutting itself OFF all the time Grrr :x

I think it has something to do with the hot keys and somehow I keep hitting the key that shuts it of and on when typing in chat.? idk
but it needs to be fixed. and yea I agree with what was said about the arrow sensing things leading you through a wall. I just use the map then
The map also shows your location in the area that you are in too.
IMO; thats better than that arrow any day. Still the QA does help.