Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Arrow glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
I keep having issues where I'm going around in circles because my quest arrow is only pointing in the direction that I'm facing. Is anyone else having this issue?

Delver
May 04, 2009
RavenEilan on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
I keep having issues where I'm going around in circles because my quest arrow is only pointing in the direction that I'm facing. Is anyone else having this issue?
Yes. And I did send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com about it (along with a DxDiag file and a Wizard Client log file).

In the meantime, I found that it helps to just "log out" of the game, and log back in. It seems to reset itself after that. Hope this helps.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I played this morning and had no problems. Usually when you log off and back on again it's cleared itself.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Sometimes my quest arrow points the opposite direction of where I'm supposed to be going. It sounds as if you're quest arrow is frozen or something.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
This bug now has gray hair - it's been around for me since the "new and improved" quest arrow over haul a while back, ya know the one that was suppose to keep you only pointed on main quest lines only, so your book can fill up on those side ones you took . What it really boiled down to is, more often mouse replacement from over clicking it .

As with then and still now, the only work around is to sign off and back on again and hope it rights it self.