Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP problem and a possible solution to it.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
Allow me to introduce a game for Wizard101...

Let me flip a coin against you... 50% chance of getting a HEAD. If you win, you get 3 points from me and if I win I get 26 from you, ok?

This is the current PvP matching system...

The Problem: People down-ranking their Warlords to Private and then fight level 16 opponents with their "newly-private" level 40 in PvP to get Tickets.

This is not a problem except when the level 16 tries his best and beats the level 40 and is rewarded with... 3 points !!!

The Solution: Let the level 16 Captain gain more points when he beats a level 40 Private.

The down-ranker is abusing a mathematical flaw in the current system. I will explain why...

The idea of the system is good but it's implementation is off. Now, I understand that level and rank combined gives a rough score as to how strong the Character is. However, if a level 16 Captain is truly AS STRONG AS a level 40 Private... Then shouldn't he logically gain the same amount of points from beating the Private?

If the level 40 Private = level 16 Captain, then the private beating the Captain should get the same amount of points as the Captain beating the Private, correct? Currently, we are matching players with "equal chance of winning" but awarding them "different rewards", that's the mathematical flaw of the system.

--===--- PS: In fact, the level 16 Captain with normal skill level DO NOT have 50% chance against a level 40 Private... So even this doesn't give the level 16 EVEN chance. It only improves the game so the level 16 Captain doesn't get dis-encouraged and stop PvP'ing til he's level 60

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
i see what you're saying. i see a lot of people leveling down on purpose to gain more tickets too. more tickets for beating a higher level player would be nice but i don't know what the solution would be for level 60's fighting level 60's.. They are pretty fair about the awards though based on experience and level.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Yingu wrote:
Allow me to introduce a game for Wizard101...

Let me flip a coin against you... 50% chance of getting a HEAD. If you win, you get 3 points from me and if I win I get 26 from you, ok?

This is the current PvP matching system...

The Problem: People down-ranking their Warlords to Private and then fight level 16 opponents with their "newly-private" level 40 in PvP to get Tickets.

This is not a problem except when the level 16 tries his best and beats the level 40 and is rewarded with... 3 points !!!

The Solution: Let the level 16 Captain gain more points when he beats a level 40 Private.

The down-ranker is abusing a mathematical flaw in the current system. I will explain why...

The idea of the system is good but it's implementation is off. Now, I understand that level and rank combined gives a rough score as to how strong the Character is. However, if a level 16 Captain is truly AS STRONG AS a level 40 Private... Then shouldn't he logically gain the same amount of points from beating the Private?

If the level 40 Private = level 16 Captain, then the private beating the Captain should get the same amount of points as the Captain beating the Private, correct? Currently, we are matching players with "equal chance of winning" but awarding them "different rewards", that's the mathematical flaw of the system.

--===--- PS: In fact, the level 16 Captain with normal skill level DO NOT have 50% chance against a level 40 Private... So even this doesn't give the level 16 EVEN chance. It only improves the game so the level 16 Captain doesn't get dis-encouraged and stop PvP'ing til he's level 60

Why would a captain face a private? I started a new storm for pvp, grands and legends dont fair well after said title's. The new character lvl 10 rank of captain has to face knight's, and captain's, MAYBE a sarg ever once in awhile. I wish I could face a private.