Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with pips req to cast

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2014
67
My death wiz has many different school spells collected from Loremaster, such as Goat Monk, Spider,Catalyn, etc and all require around 5 pips to cast (not enchanted, but doesnt seem to matter if i do enchant) but takes me about 8 pips to cast it.... is this a glitch or maybe there is something I am missing in the different school spells requirements?

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
Scrillas on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
My death wiz has many different school spells collected from Loremaster, such as Goat Monk, Spider,Catalyn, etc and all require around 5 pips to cast (not enchanted, but doesnt seem to matter if i do enchant) but takes me about 8 pips to cast it.... is this a glitch or maybe there is something I am missing in the different school spells requirements?
Power pips (the yellow ones) count double for your school only.

If you have 3 yellow pips, you can cast a rank 5 spell from your school (in this case death) or a rank 3 school from any other school, unless you have a mastery amulet.

-von

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Scrillas on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
My death wiz has many different school spells collected from Loremaster, such as Goat Monk, Spider,Catalyn, etc and all require around 5 pips to cast (not enchanted, but doesnt seem to matter if i do enchant) but takes me about 8 pips to cast it.... is this a glitch or maybe there is something I am missing in the different school spells requirements?
Um if you want to cast those spells using your power pips, purchase an amulet from the crowns shop.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
67
Thanks for the quick reply! I learned something new today and its thanks to the community, looks like there is something to learn everyday :P still a newbie

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
Scrillas on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! I learned something new today and its thanks to the community, looks like there is something to learn everyday :P still a newbie
you're very welcome; that's what we're here for.
(we were all new at one time)



just a quick tip about mastery amulets: they are expensive (read: about $20 in real money). so, if you do decide to go this route, choose wisely.

-von

Explorer
May 08, 2014
67
Dr Von on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
you're very welcome; that's what we're here for.
(we were all new at one time)



just a quick tip about mastery amulets: they are expensive (read: about $20 in real money). so, if you do decide to go this route, choose wisely.

-von
thanks for the tip! i also wiki it and found few boss drops it so farming it later will be on my agenda.

I always thought (since starting the game a month ago) that the amulets's properties was to give us a power pip for every X spell we used... like if i cast a Life spell on my Death Wiz it would give me a Power Pip back, silly me in thinking this.

Much thanks again all :)

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
Scrillas on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
thanks for the tip! i also wiki it and found few boss drops it so farming it later will be on my agenda.

I always thought (since starting the game a month ago) that the amulets's properties was to give us a power pip for every X spell we used... like if i cast a Life spell on my Death Wiz it would give me a Power Pip back, silly me in thinking this.

Much thanks again all :)
yes, some level 60+ bosses do drop them~ i got a storm one from waterworks once.
i wish that was how it worked; then, they might be more useful outside of pvp. :)

-von