Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with Pet Feeding!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, this has happened a few times now and a couple were in a row.

I will feed my pet items out of my backpack and get nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing in return. No gold, no pet training, no treasure cards, nothing. This is some really good stuff I am feeding my pet too, is this a glitch? Or meant to happen?

Administrator
Let us know which items, young Wizard. We can look them up on your account - it may not have properly displayed the reward window, particularly if you're feeding rather quickly.

We can confirm the feeding and reward if you can narrow it down for us which items failed to appear to give you a reward.

Feel free to send this info to community@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, this has happened a few times now and a couple were in a row.

I will feed my pet items out of my backpack and get nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing in return. No gold, no pet training, no treasure cards, nothing. This is some really good stuff I am feeding my pet too, is this a glitch? Or meant to happen?

This happened to me also, but then I checked my spell-book later after a different load area, and I noticed that my gold had increased, as well as my pet's experience.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Let us know which items, young Wizard. We can look them up on your account - it may not have properly displayed the reward window, particularly if you're feeding rather quickly.

We can confirm the feeding and reward if you can narrow it down for us which items failed to appear to give you a reward.

I will start keeping track and records, so I can notify you if this ever happens again. Sorry, but I don't recall currently what I fed the pet and on which wizard. I will pay better attention in the future, so that we may identify any problems.

Thank you for the reply Professor.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Today, at 4:10 am Eastern Standard time, I fed my pet Boots, an extra Cape of Espirit I had gotten from doing waterworks yesterday.

It did not do anything and I did not get anything. No screen came up for pet xp or to show that I had received any gold. I had not fed my pet anything prior, it was the first pet feed.

I then fed my pet the Life robe we get as a drop from Malistaire, the Purgatory robe, that I got gold and a bone from.

Darthjt is right, there seems to be a glitch sometimes in the pet feeding.

Historian
May 01, 2010
I think it is lag + the unusal popup window of pet xp. I have had this happen many times, all, when i checked my pet, it had gained some experience.....