Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with computer settings

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2009
I have a problem with getting on into Wizard101. My brother changed the computer settings making Wizard101 screen skinnier and smaller. He tried changing it back but it wouldn't let him. So it was still the smaller screen when he had logged off. Now when I try to log onto Wizard101, I type my username and password, then push play. Now only a black screen appears with a box that says MONITOR IS WORKING OUT OF SCAN RANGE CHANGE PC SETTINGS. I dont know what the means and how to fix it. It does it everytime I try. Im unable to get on. Help please.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You should have whoever is in charge of the computer check out the display settings. If nobody is in charge of it, you should find somebody who knows about computers and have him/her check the display settings.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Change the resolution through your computer settings. To do this right click on your desktop (Windows Vista). Choose Personalize on the menu that pops up then go to display settings. From there you can change your monitor resolution.

Not sure if you can do the same steps with Windows XP or 7.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Go into your Control Panel or right-click anywhere on your Desktop to bring up your Resolution settings.
Click on the or Help tab there to see what the ideal settings are for your monitor. It should list it there.