Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

problem getting game to load...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
Ok a few days ago my computer died and so I was using my netbook for a day or so until I got a new one. I got the new one and now when I loaded Wizard101 onto it it won't load Grizzelheim. It would get so far loading with the swirly thing at the top left of the screen and then it would stop progressing. I could play fine where I was but that's it. I have to close by ending task when it does this and then it won't open, it does the patch till the Grizzelheim_WorldData.wad file and then it stops and doesn't move. I figured out if I delete all the .wad files from the new computer and copy over the ones from the netbook it will let me play again, and open, but I simply cannot go to Grizzelheim because it does this every time. Has anyone else had a problem like this and know a solution? I sent to tech support for it, but it seems to take forever to get anywhere. Thanks

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
i had this problem at one time. It was a corrupted file. I found the file where the game stops loading and deleted it. When i launched the game it finished its download.

contacting their tech support would also help a lot

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
May 04, 2010
I did that, and it still didn't work. I've done it like 5 times and keep having to uninstall and reinstall. Grrrr. I contacted them but it seems to be taking forever to get an answer.