Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Post remaining macOS issues here

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2013
vin541 on May 10, 2021 wrote:
Hi, I can not play Wizard101 on my MacBook and I am having similar issues. I have MacBook Pro 2018, 13 inches. I've continuously tried uninstalling and installing the game several times. Anytime I try to start the game, it brings up a window saying that it is initializing, but is frozen. The log in for the game never pops up but my mac would say it's running. Is there anyway this will get fixed?
same thing is happening to me plz help i wanna play wizard

Survivor
Mar 20, 2013
i have the recent update and i've reinstalled like 3 times, pls help i have a macbook air 13 inch 2018 and i still can't access the game. thanks !

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
I've been having issues with the launcher ever since the new update. When I open up the launcher, the icon shows up but no launcher window opens. When I right click the icon and click 'show all windows', it says "No Available Windows".

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
For anyone who continues to have issues, I've assisted several people in fixing the game and this has worked every time.

1. Install AppCleaner. https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/. While its not on the app store, I can attest to its safety after using it for the past 5 years without issue. Its a utility that helps uninstall a MacOS program entierly, even files saved in weird locations. Even as a software engineer, I have no idea how the developer pulled this off.
  2. In AppCleaner, click the 4 vertical lines on the top right. A list of all your apps on the machine will open.
  3. Scroll and find Wizard101. Click on it, and a popup should appear listing Wizard101.app and a number of other files/folders. These extra folders are the game save data and assets that are causing the app to not function.
  4. Using that popup, delete Wizard101 and all of the other data listed. This will completely uninstall the game and all of its files, including the problematic ones.
  5. Restart your computer.
  6. Reinstall Wizard101. The game should work now!

Sparck, please feel free to double check the program i linked is safe. Normally I'd never link 3rd party software on these forums but it has worked every single time so far, including for those where the earlier codeweaver documentation didn't help.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2013
kingsisle you're walking on thin ice buddies, i paid for a membership and crowns thinking i would be able to play normally but i cannot pls help cos of the mac issue idk what is going on lmao but pls fix cos i wanna play </3

Survivor
Dec 20, 2020
Really hoping there'll be an update soon because I've tried again to wipe every wizard101 file off of my system and still no luck with it.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Sonia Rose on May 19, 2021 wrote:
Really hoping there'll be an update soon because I've tried again to wipe every wizard101 file off of my system and still no luck with it.
Please look at my post above! It has fixed every broken install ive tried it on so far, which is about 4 now.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
After reinstalling game on my Mac, it has been working fine. However, today, at least 3 times, I have received a screen message that there is a serious problem and game has to close. What's going on?

Survivor
Jan 19, 2021
Game never loads on my new macbook pro with m1 chip
Not sure what's going on
Tried running it through terminal and get this error /Applications/Wizard101.app
wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135

Survivor
Jan 19, 2021
serene sparks on May 18, 2021 wrote:
For anyone who continues to have issues, I've assisted several people in fixing the game and this has worked every time.

1. Install AppCleaner. https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/. While its not on the app store, I can attest to its safety after using it for the past 5 years without issue. Its a utility that helps uninstall a MacOS program entierly, even files saved in weird locations. Even as a software engineer, I have no idea how the developer pulled this off.
  2. In AppCleaner, click the 4 vertical lines on the top right. A list of all your apps on the machine will open.
  3. Scroll and find Wizard101. Click on it, and a popup should appear listing Wizard101.app and a number of other files/folders. These extra folders are the game save data and assets that are causing the app to not function.
  4. Using that popup, delete Wizard101 and all of the other data listed. This will completely uninstall the game and all of its files, including the problematic ones.

Sparck, please feel free to double check the program i linked is safe. Normally I'd never link 3rd party software on these forums but it has worked every single time so far, including for those where the earlier codeweaver documentation didn't help.
This actually works!!!!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2019

Thank you so much!! After a couple days of looking up emulators, I tried these steps and they worked!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010

So Im in the app cleaner and it shows Wizard101 in the applications, but it appears to be locked and I cant open it in the software. What do i do now?

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Tom31998 on May 21, 2021 wrote:
Game never loads on my new macbook pro with m1 chip
Not sure what's going on
Tried running it through terminal and get this error /Applications/Wizard101.app
wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135
Yup, this will be the case. The way W101 on mac works is highly technical and difficult to explain, but in short, it translates windows code to mac code in real time. This was dependent on the machines using intel processors. Now that it's Apple's own chip, Kingsisle is going to need to update the version of Crossover packaged with W101 for it to work again.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
ethan8118 on May 27, 2021 wrote:
So Im in the app cleaner and it shows Wizard101 in the applications, but it appears to be locked and I cant open it in the software. What do i do now?
You're likely not an administrator account. Make sure that you're running this with the main user account, or it likely won't work right.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
I'm still having issues with running Wizard101 as of 6/24/2021! I am running MacOS Big Sur 11.4 and every time I try to run the game it just pops up with my initializing window and it eventually disappears and doesn't run. What should I do?

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
WizardFan4555 on Jun 25, 2021 wrote:
I'm still having issues with running Wizard101 as of 6/24/2021! I am running MacOS Big Sur 11.4 and every time I try to run the game it just pops up with my initializing window and it eventually disappears and doesn't run. What should I do?
Please scroll back to my post on using appcleaner to fix this issue

Survivor
Aug 04, 2013
Hello, I am currently on a MacOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3 (2020 M1 Chip). The game runs great and all, but there are plenty of continuous issues that I don't hear people talking about. The big thing is the crown shop; can barely open packs or even simply scroll through as it's laggy as can be. It's nothing to do with my internet either. I run around 15-30 mbps, which I know isn't super fast but definitely good enough for Wizard101. Another thing is my game will crash when I click anything crown related in the game such as "Buy Crowns" in the crown shop or upgrade now icon in the top left corner if person is not a member of course. Also last thing, the launcher for the game where it shows current events, upcoming content, etc is super laggy as well. The slides in which the dynamic is skips over one another or doesn't even show half of the time. Anyway I hope someone read's this and looks into this.

-Thank you!

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I have installed Big Sur 11.5 and unforunately I am having the same issues as others. I have completely deleted and reinstalled the Wizard101 files. I go to open and I get the small initializing screen, it disappears about 30 seconds to a minute later and then nothing ever pops up. I have tried everything and read almost every forum on this issue.

Administrator
Thanks community for responding to each other here to resolve these concerns. We're continuing to monitor new concerns as they come up.

Administrator
BDH1998 on Jul 21, 2021 wrote:
I have installed Big Sur 11.5 and unforunately I am having the same issues as others. I have completely deleted and reinstalled the Wizard101 files. I go to open and I get the small initializing screen, it disappears about 30 seconds to a minute later and then nothing ever pops up. I have tried everything and read almost every forum on this issue.
Please try these following resolution possibilities: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/macos-users-and-spring-2021-update-login-access-8ad6a42478f3767a0178f4933f0969a4?page=1

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008

THIS WORKED!!! thank you so much!