Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polaris Lag needs Addressed

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I'm running a couple of newer chars through Polaris, and the Lag is still really bad.

When first released a year and half ago, the lag was there and was acknowledged by K I and was going to be addressed?

It's not my equipment (have all new gaming high speed, etc etc) so please don't suggest it is on my end. And yes, I go to a quiet realm, turn down the graphics options, and utilize all the things we know to do to get a smoother ride.

It is especially bad in the commons area where you first enter the world - my characters completely freeze up.

Anyone else still having issues?

(I don't experience this type of lag in any other world, including Mirage, so this seems to be an isolated issue with Polaris)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SilverbackMonkey on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
I'm running a couple of newer chars through Polaris, and the Lag is still really bad.

When first released a year and half ago, the lag was there and was acknowledged by K I and was going to be addressed?

It's not my equipment (have all new gaming high speed, etc etc) so please don't suggest it is on my end. And yes, I go to a quiet realm, turn down the graphics options, and utilize all the things we know to do to get a smoother ride.

It is especially bad in the commons area where you first enter the world - my characters completely freeze up.

Anyone else still having issues?

(I don't experience this type of lag in any other world, including Mirage, so this seems to be an isolated issue with Polaris)
The only world I have and still experience this is in Azteca after I have completed the world and the comet fragments are falling. Both of my wizard that go back to AZ have extreme lag and they are on 2 separate accounts.

I had 2 in ZF completely freeze a couple of days ago to the point they were kicked out of the game. I also run all wizards in a quite/empty realm

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It started when Polaris was released. It was so bad at that time that KI did address the problem, but it didn't fix it completely.

When Mirage came out, the lag continued and it can be pretty bad, especially when your trying to pass by a mob and you freeze. It's not just me, but ALL my friends that I am with, in the exact same spots.

Now that Mirage and Polaris are laggy, it has 'spread' to other worlds of the game. I find myself 'sticking' in Azteca, Avalon, and even Zafaria.

My computer is a newer gaming high-end type that has no problems with more heavy graphic-style PC games, except for W101 which doesn't have such high-end graphics.

Go figure.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I've noticed problems with lagging during high traffic times, most particularly late afternoon when all the 'kids' and families are on.

Because of timing, I've wondered if it's actually the servers that are straining and not our individual systems. When I play late at night, I don't experience any lag at all....

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I just filed a ticket with 2 wizards freezing up in the next to last battle in Nostrand. Very Frustrating.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
My personal theory is this is because they tried to incorporate Pirate101 graphics into wizard, everyone did note the graphics in Polaris are much improved over previous worlds, well this is what you get for better graphics on an old game engine.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I sometimes experience lag in Azteca but I never experienced the infamous Polaris lag. I have a gaming computer but it's not that fancy and isn't tricked out at all. I have played at various different hours and it hasn't made a difference. I really don't know what could be causing it as it affects some players and not others.

Moira Stormheart