Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
I have a major problem:
I log in, press play and then:
1.Usually I need to wait some time sometimes a lot of time to get in while having the: "Please Wait. Wizard101 is very busy right now." message.
2.When I am finally in I don't see any characters nor live or the game's.
3.I don't see anything in the crowns shop.
4.It says I don't have friends, but I do.
5. There are no monsters.
6.I can't through doors or teleport.
But, sometimes it works fine.
I live in Israel, but I have a friend who lives in Israel too and it almost always works for him.I decreased resolutions and such.I have sent KI a letter, but it's more than 48 hours and still no response. My internet connection is 4/5.
Time for me now is 2:03 P.M. Thanks for helping!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Okay, a few things...

1) when it gets busy, I slow down a lot like you do, and I am in the US. The problem is, the games gets full too fast now a days....one time I checked about half the realms were full and the others crowded....this means that we are all lagging.

2) Some people have mentioned that if you reduce what you are carrying, especially treasure cards, things go faster. Not sure about this one.

3) Try logging out in a realm below Lincoln...should be easier to log on.

4) Log off in a quiet location. Also, try teleporting in a quiet location.

5) Wizard City when the US schools are out is a bad idea. and Triton is even a worse idea....they are so busy with the free-to-play players.

Administrator
Hello

Wizard101 is run out of Texas, in the USA. There is an 8 hour difference between Israel and Texas. When it is 2pm in Israel, it is only 4am in Texas. There is often work done on the servers starting around 3am and that work sometimes goes on for several hours. The work would reduce the number of available servers during that time - if they don't shut them all down during the work.

If you can get into a world but no one appears .... is there a swirling symbol in the upper left? That would indicate that the game is still downloading information to your machine - things like other players around you, or who's online or who your friends are or what's in the crown shop (all those things are stored on the server and have to be sent to your PC). Wait around a minute or two and see if things start showing up.

If there is a small yellow or red sphere with a chain on it in the lower right area, that indicates a very poor or broken connection.

It IS possible that, while the connection from your PC to your local internet provider is fast, that the connection from your provider to us is not always very fast. After all, it is a long distance to travel!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-