Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please fix Ice!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Since the update the fizzle rate has gone through the roof. I'm talking 70-80 percent of the time I fizzle. Especially with frost giant and colosus. This is not acceptable. Not only are Ice spells weaker than all others. Not only do they take more pips to generate. Now they fizzle more than ever. Thanks alot. This is especially bad in Celestia and the final dungeon on Colosus Blvd. I understand that when you do updates there are allways problems. Isn't that what the test realm was for? You have taken away the ability to do any quests on your own. If Ice spells are going to remain so weak make them less pips or keep the pips and increase damage. This is only fair. All over this forum and every other board relating to this game this is a reoccuring theme. Good thing I'm not paying for this game or else I would really be angry and frustrated. Oh, Wait, I am paying for this and I am angry and frustrated.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
88moneypit wrote:
Since the update the fizzle rate has gone through the roof. I'm talking 70-80 percent of the time I fizzle. Especially with frost giant and colosus. This is not acceptable. Not only are Ice spells weaker than all others. Not only do they take more pips to generate. Now they fizzle more than ever. Thanks alot. This is especially bad in Celestia and the final dungeon on Colosus Blvd. I understand that when you do updates there are allways problems. Isn't that what the test realm was for? You have taken away the ability to do any quests on your own. If Ice spells are going to remain so weak make them less pips or keep the pips and increase damage. This is only fair. All over this forum and every other board relating to this game this is a reoccuring theme. Good thing I'm not paying for this game or else I would really be angry and frustrated. Oh, Wait, I am paying for this and I am angry and frustrated.

i dont know if you noticed but have you seen how much health ice has!!!???? its amazing and thats what gives it the advantige so chill

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
I dont know what your looking at but thats just not true. My health is just above 2400. And I have gear to boost it to that. This is not high if anything its below average for level 50!! And if it was true it wouldn't really matter because while you claim it has more health it takes more pips to strike with weaker spells which means your getting hit more. I am getting absolutely destroyed in celestia. Its not even close to fair. I cant even walk around. If I get into a battle by myself I am dead. No chance at all. The attacks of everything else are so strong that by the time i get a spell to attack I'm dead. If I don't have someone with me I die every time. So please dont tell me to chill out. This is very frustrating and I am sure I am not the only one that is having this issue.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Keep track of the next 100 Ice attack spells that you cast. If you fizzle on 70 of them, send in a ticket to Support.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
WHAT!!

you come on here and complain?
HOW can any ice wizard complain?
You have so much life, so much defence, tower shields and now a new blade from an amulet that gives +45% boost and yet you actually dare to come on here and ask KI to 'fix' ice!

What actually needs fixing, we need a balance dispel, and tower shield that can be trained without having to train the previous ice shields or a balance shield, wild bolt needs fixing, storm need more life, and countless other glitches.

But if there is to be any change to ice's accuracy... it should be LOWERED!

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
rupertjames wrote:
WHAT!!

You have so much life, so much defence, tower shields and now a new blade from an amulet that gives +45% boost and yet you actually dare to come on here and ask KI to 'fix' ice!

What actually needs fixing, we need a balance dispel, and tower shield that can be trained without having to train the previous ice shields or a balance shield, wild bolt needs fixing, storm need more life, and countless other glitches.

ok so you tell him not to complain and yet here you are complaining..very hipacritic

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
rupertjames wrote:
WHAT!!

haha. Really, lowered? Ice's accuracy should be lowered? You know its 80% right. You know that with grand gear, you get a whopping 6% increase and the only way I've found to boost that is to train a pet to epic if you're lucky enough to have a pet that can do that. Meanwhile, the class whose stated "balance" is supposed to be power at the expense of accuracy is running around in celestia with gear that gives them 60% boost to targeting but no complaint there? Are you kidding me? What are YOU complaining about? You can buy tower shields in abundance at the library. You don't have to learn it. You can cast black mantle or smokescreen on balance. It doesn't steal their pips, but its not like they get much if any accuracy boosts with grand gear so its often effective.

You also know that several classes have spells to remove, steal, or otherwise nullify boosts right? You're aware that a simple fire elf spell can strip tower shields like no tomorrow and that without boosts, most ice spells do very little damage? The only thing I think I agree with you on is that wild bolt hasn't been "fixed". It is just a new problem. Everything else you mentioned is just a problem with strategy.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
colagada wrote:
Keep track of the next 100 Ice attack spells that you cast. If you fizzle on 70 of them, send in a ticket to Support.

How about at least 1 fizzle each battle for 14 consecutive battles? Doesnt seem like much so I will break it down:

2 enemies, and 2 attacks to kill both (one for each). Spell to kill each: Centaur.

So we are talking at least a fizzle rate of 33%, and there were battles where Centaur fizzled 3X in a row. For a spell with 90% base success, lately has been absurd.

I have spoken to my friends, and they noticed fizzes were far more likely then just a few weeks prior.

I refuse to believe that this is a string of bad luck, especially when so many people are now complaining about it over the last few weeks, basically when I noticed a sharp rise in Fizzle rate.

Lastly, I doubt a support ticket would help. If KI cannot see the problem on their forum and numerous forum postings on this, it is doubtful something would be addressed through a support ticket.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
rubyb23 wrote:

Lastly, I doubt a support ticket would help. If KI cannot see the problem on their forum and numerous forum postings on this, it is doubtful something would be addressed through a support ticket.

If you take the time to log your fizzle rate over 100 hits and it is substantially below 90%, I'm sure a ticket will help. They have always been very responsive to my bug reports, particularly when I provide concrete details. I have seen no statistically relevant rise in fizzle rate, but that doesn't mean you aren't having an issue. As a technical person myself, I doubt that they would immediately "go to the source code" looking for fizzle rate bugs because a few people are complaining about it on the forum. People are too subjective. However, if you take the time to demonstrate a clear issue, I'm sure they will look into it. They've already fixed several bugs that I have reported.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
since celestia came out and an ice friend of mine got the ice wand that has a very small critical hit chance to it my ice friend hits critical on about every single attack dispite having half my critical hit value and I hardly have been hitting critical hits (another friend of mine with the same critical as I have tends to hit critical about twice as often as me, so I think that is just bad luck on my end or good luck on theirs), not sure if that is a bug or not but I think it has a lot to do with random luck.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Hey man idk what your talking about in all my time after test realms from lvl 50 to 60 nothing happend

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I was surprised to read this message. I agree that if you continue to really fizzle that much, send in a ticket.

Last night I played some mobs with a level 53 Ice Wizard. She was awesome. Is it Icelord? that waves the huge mallet and pounds each enemy? She wiped out most of the enemy with one spell.

Ice seems better than Storm school in the new realms and I shall look for more Ice Wizard assistance as I struggle to get through Celestia.

....a once powerful Death wizard

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
seasnake wrote:
since celestia came out and an ice friend of mine got the ice wand that has a very small critical hit chance to it my ice friend hits critical on about every single attack dispite having half my critical hit value and I hardly have been hitting critical hits (another friend of mine with the same critical as I have tends to hit critical about twice as often as me, so I think that is just bad luck on my end or good luck on theirs), not sure if that is a bug or not but I think it has a lot to do with random luck.

Are all of you exactly the same level? Are you sure neither of them use elixers and that they have no other critical boosting gear? If so, then I advise you all to track your criticals like the life person here and submit a ticket to support with all the relevant information so that they can look at it.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
MPaul8 wrote:
Hey man idk what your talking about in all my time after test realms from lvl 50 to 60 nothing happend

I don't know who/what this is referring to.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
cealwutka wrote:
I was surprised to read this message. I agree that if you continue to really fizzle that much, send in a ticket.

Last night I played some mobs with a level 53 Ice Wizard. She was awesome. Is it Icelord? that waves the huge mallet and pounds each enemy? She wiped out most of the enemy with one spell.

Ice seems better than Storm school in the new realms and I shall look for more Ice Wizard assistance as I struggle to get through Celestia.

....a once powerful Death wizard

It's Frost Giant. By level 53, she probably has access to buying gargantuan (or she likely trained a similar spell in the sun school) so she can deal substantial damage to street mobs. That's what I do at least. :)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
88moneypit wrote:

It occurs to me that I never responded directly to you. Its true that ice spells have low base damage, but we have enough defense to last quite a while so that we can blade and sometimes trap, and therefore do a lot of damage. Careful choice of gear and training a colossus pet to epic can help get your rate at least slightly above 90%. That's where I'm at and I rarely fizzle anymore. If you feel that you fizzle more than your percentage of the time, then you need to track it as has been suggested and submit a ticket if you see a clear trend.