Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Players Phasing

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
73
I would like an administrator to explain to me how some players, that I have seen in the game, are able to walk through fences or phase (disappear) out of a fight (NOT flee).

Usually what happens is the player gets into a fight and than disappears thus being able to leave the fight and reappears usually in the same spot or close by it. I was even in the arena duel and have had a player disappear in the middle of a fight and reappear in the same spot and was no longer in the fight with me.

Obvious to me that this is a "cheat" of some kind that some players know about and I'm guessing that the administrators still don't.

The ONLY way a person should be able to leave a fight is by the flee option.

What say you administrator? Are you aware of this or know how to stop it?

Administrator
WarlockWiz wrote:
I would like an administrator to explain to me how some players, that I have seen in the game, are able to walk through fences or phase (disappear) out of a fight (NOT flee).


Could you describe it to me a little more? Are they in a duel, and then just walk away or do they seem to walk through a duel without triggering combat?

If they're just running through a duel without triggering, it could be because they just completed a duel and are in 'invisible mode'.

Keep in mind, the phasing through fences that you see is just what is known as server lag. The player started at point A, ran around the fence and ended at point B, but your internet connection didn't get all that information and just showed him moving from point A to B, and from your point of view he went through the fence, when in fact, he went around it.

WarlockWiz wrote:
Usually what happens is the player gets into a fight and than disappears thus being able to leave the fight and reappears usually in the same spot or close by it. I was even in the arena duel and have had a player disappear in the middle of a fight and reappear in the same spot and was no longer in the fight with me.


This player most likely logged out, or disconnected somehow, and when they logged back in they're in the same place.

WarlockWiz wrote:
Obvious to me that this is a "cheat" of some kind that some players know about and I'm guessing that the administrators still don't.

The ONLY way a person should be able to leave a fight is by the flee option.

What say you administrator? Are you aware of this or know how to stop it?


Please don't jump conclusions that everything is a cheat. We work very hard to ensure that this is a level playing field as best we can.



community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 30, 2008
12
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

WarlockWiz wrote:
Usually what happens is the player gets into a fight and than disappears thus being able to leave the fight and reappears usually in the same spot or close by it. I was even in the arena duel and have had a player disappear in the middle of a fight and reappear in the same spot and was no longer in the fight with me.


This player most likely logged out, or disconnected somehow, and when they logged back in they're in the same place.

WarlockWiz wrote:
Obvious to me that this is a "cheat" of some kind that some players know about and I'm guessing that the administrators still don't.

The ONLY way a person should be able to leave a fight is by the flee option.

What say you administrator? Are you aware of this or know how to stop it?


Please don't jump conclusions that everything is a cheat. We work very hard to ensure that this is a level playing field as best we can.



This is not a cheat it is a legitimate way of escaping battle when you just don't have the time to fight. Some of us have only a limited amount of time we can play or there are times we simply just don't feel like fighting everything we bump into. Or you may be low on health/mana when you get pulled into battle and know that you don't stand a chance. However, it does not work in an instanced area unless you have someone to whom you can port back to in the same instance. It also doesn't work when other players are in the same battle with you unless all players do it at the same time.

It was taught to me by more experienced players and I in turn taught it to other players who, I assume, have taught it to their friends and so on and so forth. It's really easy to do. I would be glad to explain how it is done but only if I can be assured it will not be taken away from us. And in all actuality, Professor Greyrose has already told how it is done.

My advice to you is, the next time you see a player do it, ask them to please show you/explain to you how to do it.

But I can assure you it is not a cheat. To me cheating is when an action gives one player an advantage over another player. If having a tool to help you escape battle is cheating anyone at all, that anyone would be the enemy for they are getting cheated out of defeating us in battle.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
73
Thank you for the quick reply :D:

Could you describe it to me a little more? Are they in a duel, and then just walk away or do they seem to walk through a duel without triggering combat?

1. A player is dragged into a combat. After arriving in the circle or on the way to being dragged to the circle they disappear (briefly) which causes the fight to stop. The player reappears usually at the same location (where he disappeared) but because the monsters moved they are able to avoid the fight altogether.

2. A player is in a fight with a monster(s) and is able to break off the fight by briefly disappearing and reappearing in the same location.

3. A player was in a fight with me in the arena where we were had already taken two or three turns. He phased out (disappeared) within his combat circle and reappeared and was able to exit the fight completely.

I have to agree with your conclusion that you stated below (but I sure wish I knew how they've been doing this): This player most likely logged out, or disconnected somehow, and when they logged back in they're in the same place.

I am surprise that this issue is the first time that an administrator has heard about it. I'm sure it is a well kept secret amoung a few players but I have seen this going on here and there for quit some time now.

I would love to see a player post an explanation on how they are doing it but I doubt they would.

Administrator
It's not a big secret, we've known all along.

All that is happening is the player is exiting out of the game using F4 or using the Exit button provided.




community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
17
Yes, and when they log out that way, they do come back in the same spot. But keep in mind, however, that when they log back in, they may very well be confronted with the same monsters they came in contact with before they left...lol. I know...It's happened to me...lol.
This is especially true in heavily populated monster/mob areas like in Marleybone where you have to dodge them by the way they walk (or run).
In the Chelsea area of Marleybone, there are some Golems there that run, and if you get caught there and try to log out, and then back in......well, good luck in trying to get away from them....LOL.

Good Luck, and Happy Gaming!
GreyOak

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
73
Thanks. I'll give EXIT or F4 a try. I know there has been many times where I got into a fight that I didn't want to do.