Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pirate101 against wiz 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
22
Is it just me or does it seem like pirate 101 has been getting a lot more attention to new worlds then wizard 101?Yes we have gotten new pvp udates and also new gardening updates but what about those of us who don't care to participate in those events? I mean whats left for the gammers who are waiting for new worlds?
it seams to me that kings isle is so busy with giving things that cost us more crowns then giving new worlds you may want to take notice at how many people are leaving your wizard 101 game and concider the pve community a bit more.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
magicman1064 on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like pirate 101 has been getting a lot more attention to new worlds then wizard 101?Yes we have gotten new pvp udates and also new gardening updates but what about those of us who don't care to participate in those events? I mean whats left for the gammers who are waiting for new worlds?
it seams to me that kings isle is so busy with giving things that cost us more crowns then giving new worlds you may want to take notice at how many people are leaving your wizard 101 game and concider the pve community a bit more.
It does seem like there has been a flood of crown items lately. I can't say for Pirates because I don't play that game.

As for PVP I think they are trying to fix what has been broken for a long time. Altho I don't PVP it may have been neglected for the PVE community before.

Since I seem to be the only one that can't get our group of 7 wizards though Aztecia, I am sure there is a new world with even greater challenges on the way so hang in there. I have a feeling many are paying to win this world so it is worth the wile. I wonder how many wizard finally threw in the towel over this world?

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
6
Northlite on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
It does seem like there has been a flood of crown items lately. I can't say for Pirates because I don't play that game.

As for PVP I think they are trying to fix what has been broken for a long time. Altho I don't PVP it may have been neglected for the PVE community before.

Since I seem to be the only one that can't get our group of 7 wizards though Aztecia, I am sure there is a new world with even greater challenges on the way so hang in there. I have a feeling many are paying to win this world so it is worth the wile. I wonder how many wizard finally threw in the towel over this world?
Have any one of you been having issue problems with the game since new updates it is so bad the problems i have been having crashing in the bazaar to trying to disconnect but don't like it is changing areas cant click on quest after it does that x don't appear i have to exit out and back in it is frustrating.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Northlite on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
It does seem like there has been a flood of crown items lately. I can't say for Pirates because I don't play that game.

As for PVP I think they are trying to fix what has been broken for a long time. Altho I don't PVP it may have been neglected for the PVE community before.

Since I seem to be the only one that can't get our group of 7 wizards though Aztecia, I am sure there is a new world with even greater challenges on the way so hang in there. I have a feeling many are paying to win this world so it is worth the wile. I wonder how many wizard finally threw in the towel over this world?
I don't play Pirates either and don't ever intend to. I don't like Pirates and yes I have tried it.

PvP did need some fixing, but I am not sure that what has been done so far is really that beneficial to The PvP community. There are still a lot of issues.

I have not completed Az on any of my 11 wizards, so don't feel bad. I do have 1 in Az, 1 in Av, 3 in CL/WT, 1 in DS, 2 in MB, 3 in Krok. I will try to complete Az on the one but the rest will be stopping in Av. There are many that do pay to win Az, but some don't and a lot have already left. I won't pay to win this world or any other. I play for fun, not to see how much money I can spend on a GAME. There are more important things than this or any other game.

But to answer the question about the flood of Crowns items, YES. Most everything new now in the game is either an outright crowns item or in a pack with a CHANCE.

The estimated 35 million registered players in this country includes EVERYONE that has had or still has a subbed account. I doubt that number includes Crowns players. But that number does not reflect how many are actually still playing.

There is rarely ever a UNIQUE in game item drop anymore outside of the WW gear......

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
magicman1064 on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like pirate 101 has been getting a lot more attention to new worlds then wizard 101?Yes we have gotten new pvp udates and also new gardening updates but what about those of us who don't care to participate in those events? I mean whats left for the gammers who are waiting for new worlds?
it seams to me that kings isle is so busy with giving things that cost us more crowns then giving new worlds you may want to take notice at how many people are leaving your wizard 101 game and concider the pve community a bit more.
Kings isle is working on repairing the Pvp portion of their game as it is as equally important as PvE. They have been working on newer pvp gear (Both from packs and trainers near the arena) and i am sure they started on the next world after aztecas launch, so the PvE community isn't left out anyways.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
15
i soooo agree i mean, yeah we get a big update once every year, but pirate101 is getting too much attention. especially when you save on membership when you get pirate101. i even heard from one of my friends that pirate101 sucks i think that kingsisle should pay more attention to wizard101.

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
193
DragonLady1818 on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
I don't play Pirates either and don't ever intend to. I don't like Pirates and yes I have tried it.

PvP did need some fixing, but I am not sure that what has been done so far is really that beneficial to The PvP community. There are still a lot of issues.

I have not completed Az on any of my 11 wizards, so don't feel bad. I do have 1 in Az, 1 in Av, 3 in CL/WT, 1 in DS, 2 in MB, 3 in Krok. I will try to complete Az on the one but the rest will be stopping in Av. There are many that do pay to win Az, but some don't and a lot have already left. I won't pay to win this world or any other. I play for fun, not to see how much money I can spend on a GAME. There are more important things than this or any other game.

But to answer the question about the flood of Crowns items, YES. Most everything new now in the game is either an outright crowns item or in a pack with a CHANCE.

The estimated 35 million registered players in this country includes EVERYONE that has had or still has a subbed account. I doubt that number includes Crowns players. But that number does not reflect how many are actually still playing.

There is rarely ever a UNIQUE in game item drop anymore outside of the WW gear......
actually there are unique drops from a certain boss in wizard city that does give some pretty good drops.....maybe 2.....kind of in the same *wink wink*

hint first is from lord of the rings second fear of all sailors. think about it

-jack skullbreeze master of firesee you in the spiral

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
307
awesome man 88 on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
i soooo agree i mean, yeah we get a big update once every year, but pirate101 is getting too much attention. especially when you save on membership when you get pirate101. i even heard from one of my friends that pirate101 sucks i think that kingsisle should pay more attention to wizard101.
:P no offense but I totally disagree, because number 1: I have experienced more complications in Pirate101 than Wizard101 and number 2: the wizard101 test realm has been up quite recently so obviously Wizard101 is getting enough attention and number 3: I really don't want to hear what your friend thinks

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
awesome man 88 on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
i soooo agree i mean, yeah we get a big update once every year, but pirate101 is getting too much attention. especially when you save on membership when you get pirate101. i even heard from one of my friends that pirate101 sucks i think that kingsisle should pay more attention to wizard101.
Yes, P101 is getting a lot of attention. The game is new and still needs to have some bugs worked out. But, KI also has a different staff for each of the games.

@MythWizard, I experienced a lot of issues with P101 when I was trying to run it in closed Beta. Frankly, P101 did not interest me then and still doesn't. I can honestly say that is one game I will never sub. But I am sure they are trying to get some of the issues fixed. I have several friends that do play P101 and actually like the game, but please keep in mind, everyone has a right to their opinion.

As for W101 being in test recently, true. It has been in test quite a bit in order to try to do some fixes for PvP and other than a few minor changes in PvE, it has been strictly PvP.

I am hopeful that KI is planning to add some new side worlds soon in the second arc that will hopefully bring the second arc more in balance. If it is another Main world, then, I will not be going there.

@Jack Skullbreeze, As for the unique in game drops, I am referring to the second arc. Not to the drops in the first arc.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
27
magicman1064 on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like pirate 101 has been getting a lot more attention to new worlds then wizard 101?Yes we have gotten new pvp udates and also new gardening updates but what about those of us who don't care to participate in those events? I mean whats left for the gammers who are waiting for new worlds?
it seams to me that kings isle is so busy with giving things that cost us more crowns then giving new worlds you may want to take notice at how many people are leaving your wizard 101 game and concider the pve community a bit more.
Magicman1064,

I know that players mostly wait for new worlds but what about the free to play wizards? They need something fun to do like gardening and pets and pvp. These updates are very important to the comunity as well as worlds for higher levels to continue their journey. It takes time to develope new worlds. Kingsisle needs to figure out what the characters will look like, be named, what the enemies and bosses look like, what they are going to be named, what everything looks like, the name of every place, extra quests, the name of quests, the name of the world, the music and even more. Thats alot to think about and takes a lot of time. Kingsisle is probably working on a new world right now and it still wont be put in the test realm for months. There is ore than waiting for new worlds.