Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pips being subtracted BEFORE the spell casts

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I've noticed something the last few days.

I'll select a spell and as soon as the round starts, the pips for the spell are subtracted. This happens before it's even my turn to cast.

The problem is, when I do cast, sometimes I fizzle. The pips are gone but the spell didn't go off.

That would be just fine IF the same thing happened to the enemies I'm fighting however they never seem to lose their pips till their spell goes off, and if they fizzle (I cast smokescreen a lot and have been watching) they never lose their pips at all.

Which is the bug? Either I shouldn't be losing my pips till I cast and the spell is successful or the enemies should be losing their pips as soon as the round starts before they cast like I am.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
May 12, 2009
That doesnt happen to me, however that should happen with mana. it should disappear before you cast

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
I've noticed something the last few days.

I'll select a spell and as soon as the round starts, the pips for the spell are subtracted. This happens before it's even my turn to cast.

The problem is, when I do cast, sometimes I fizzle. The pips are gone but the spell didn't go off.

That would be just fine IF the same thing happened to the enemies I'm fighting however they never seem to lose their pips till their spell goes off, and if they fizzle (I cast smokescreen a lot and have been watching) they never lose their pips at all.

Which is the bug? Either I shouldn't be losing my pips till I cast and the spell is successful or the enemies should be losing their pips as soon as the round starts before they cast like I am.

The bug is the pips are being subtracted before spell casts. This SHOULD happen with your mana. This SHOULD NOT happen with pips. All you have to do is sent a support ticket to support@wizard101.com and the KingsIsle Staff will try to fix it.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Pokemonman445 wrote:
The bug is the pips are being subtracted before spell casts. This SHOULD happen with your mana. This SHOULD NOT happen with pips. All you have to do is sent a support ticket to support@wizard101.com and the KingsIsle Staff will try to fix it.

Wait - if it shouldn't happen with the pips, then why should it happen with the mana?

If the spell doesn't cast why should it cost mana at all?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Pokemonman445 wrote:

Wait - if it shouldn't happen with the pips, then why should it happen with the mana?

If the spell doesn't cast why should it cost mana at all?

It says so right in the Player Guide:

https://www.wizard101.com/home5/w101playersguide/page_8ad6a4041b790501011bc806de783eee

In the sectin on How to Play, it explains "mana". If you fizzle a spell, you still lose "mana".

It costs "pips" only when the spell does cast.

Hope this helps.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Honeybee313 wrote:

That's really stupid then. If it's not going to cost pips it shouldn't cost mana, either.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
It takes mana for the magical effort required to attempt to cast the spell. The pips being lost shouldn't be happening though.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Honeybee313 wrote:

That's really stupid then. If it's not going to cost pips it shouldn't cost mana, either.

I agree.

But them's da rules... :(

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
Thats been happening to me! I just sent a question about the problem and as soon as you it you get the soulotion,why don't you try it?

(ow:)