Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PIPS

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm at level 49 with 49% pips and 95% out 100 when I start I star with 1 little pip. This is my 3rd character and the only one I'm having this problem with. Not getting the power pips as I should, and it seems if the person I'm playing with starts with a power pip and little pip I get one little white pip. It takes a while for them to build up. Why is this and what can be done to fix this major problem?
Thanks

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
BJArnold wrote:
I'm at level 49 with 49% pips and 95% out 100 when I start I star with 1 little pip. This is my 3rd character and the only one I'm having this problem with. Not getting the power pips as I should, and it seems if the person I'm playing with starts with a power pip and little pip I get one little white pip. It takes a while for them to build up. Why is this and what can be done to fix this major problem?
Thanks

try wearing equipment that boosts power pip percent chance... at level twenty five I already have your pip chance, and you really need around 60% and higher to have a respectable amount of power pips.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you are level 49 and ALWAYS (100% of the time) start with one pip, you need to send in a ticket to Support.

If you usually get a single pip, then you need to upgrade your equipment. Certain hats, robes, shoes, athames, and rings all can increase the chance of a power pip (some do, others don't; it's listed on the specs for the equipment).

Also, check out the level 45 swords/wands (by "swords", I don't mean athames), as some of those will award an extra power pip (on the stats card, it looks like a sun in a square) at the start of battle, while certain others (starting at level 30) award a regular pip (on the stats card, it looks like a dot in a square). There are also Crowns wands/swords which can be used as low as level 1 (regular pip) and level 25 (power pip). You don't need to use the wand in your school to get the extra pip/power pip

By getting the right equipment, it's possible for a level 45 wizard to have more than an 80% chance of getting a power pip every turn. Using a power pip wand/sword and good equipment, the wizard can often start battle with two power pips.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Also, the stats on most equipment is a trade off. More Health and/or Mana usually comes at the expense of less power, defense, accuracy, and power pip chance, and vice versa.

Having re-read your opening post, if you have a 49% chance of a power pip and you're actually getting one pip 95% of the time (over a reasonable sample, say 100 turns), then you should send in a ticket to Support and ask them to check if you have a corrupted file somewhere.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Make sure you equipped a wand. Any level 45+ wand I have seen starts you +1 with +1 power pip. I also can't understand how you would be at only 49% power pips if you shop for the right items. My lvl 46 Death is around 76% and my lvl 46 Life is around 60%, mostly because I bought some crown items in Mooshu that give global shield (like the stuff for Ice) but is stingy on the power pips.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
this is all wrong, what you need is the right wand, when you get a wand 30+ it will either have a picture of a white pip or a power pip, the picture is the BONUS pip you start with, for example if you have a sword or dragonrider staff its gonna be a power pip, so your gonna start with a power pip AND a pip that is depending on your power pip percentage, if you have a wand/staff/sword with a picture of a power/white pip, and your still getting that 1 little white pip, send in a message to help and support

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Do you by crown armor? Crown armor is great for HP, and Mana bonus's only. Sorry to say, its junk compared to gear you can pick up at the Bazaar. Most of the gear in there gives you all kinds of Bonus's. From defence, to accuracy, to attack, to power PiP bonus's. Etc.

If you have Crown Armor get rid of it and pick up the Bazaar stuff. It is so much better for whatever School of Focus you pick.