Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet spells changing

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 18, 2013
This has just happened to me for the second time and I think it needs reporting and fixing. The item cards for two of my crown pets have changed from what they originally were. The first was my frilled lizard, I purchased it for the tower shield to go with my deck. I was not happy to log in and find that it no longer gives me a tower shield but instead now gives me ice armour (not what I wanted). I recently happened to me with my therizinosaurus which I bought for the elemental trap item card so I could stack with my storm wizard. But just now I found that it no linger gives me elemental trap but instead gives me spectral blast. I'm a little bit annoyed because I spent crowns specifically to get these cards that I no longer have.

Please KI this needs fixing, I feel ripped off.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ghost stone on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
This has just happened to me for the second time and I think it needs reporting and fixing. The item cards for two of my crown pets have changed from what they originally were. The first was my frilled lizard, I purchased it for the tower shield to go with my deck. I was not happy to log in and find that it no longer gives me a tower shield but instead now gives me ice armour (not what I wanted). I recently happened to me with my therizinosaurus which I bought for the elemental trap item card so I could stack with my storm wizard. But just now I found that it no linger gives me elemental trap but instead gives me spectral blast. I'm a little bit annoyed because I spent crowns specifically to get these cards that I no longer have.

I don't think this is right at all. If they make changes to a pet, it should NOT affect any current pets at all, only new ones hatched after the "update."

Administrator
There are currently 8 pets that get different cards as they mature.
  • Babydactyl
  • Stegosaurus
  • Velociraptor
  • Therizinosaurus
  • Leaf Foot
  • Frilled Lizard
  • Penumbra Drake
  • Harpy
We understand that this is not the expected nor the desired behavior, and in the future we will be changing these pets so that they grant all three spells as the pet matures instead of replacing the spells as the pet matures.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
  • Babydactyl
  • Stegosaurus
  • Velociraptor
  • Therizinosaurus
  • Leaf Foot
  • Frilled Lizard
  • Penumbra Drake
  • Harpy
We understand that this is not the expected nor the desired behavior, and in the future we will be changing these pets so that they grant all three spells as the pet matures instead of replacing the spells as the pet matures.
Simply awesome.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
  • Babydactyl
  • Stegosaurus
  • Velociraptor
  • Therizinosaurus
  • Leaf Foot
  • Frilled Lizard
  • Penumbra Drake
  • Harpy
It's always nice to hear that a bug is known and already on its way to being fixed. Good job

Explorer
May 17, 2010
  • Babydactyl
  • Stegosaurus
  • Velociraptor
  • Therizinosaurus
  • Leaf Foot
  • Frilled Lizard
  • Penumbra Drake
  • Harpy
So if I hear you right these pets will start with 1 card, and then grant 2 cards starting at adult, and then grant all 3 cards starting at epic? This will be unprecedented for pets to give 3 cards. Will we be getting other pets that award multiple cards like that?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Ghost stone on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:

I guess in reading on Wiki the stats do look like you end up with all three cards as the pet levels.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Frilled_Lizard

Not quite sure I would like 2 extra cards in deck when I really only wanted one of them either?

Administrator
I4C gr8ness on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
So if I hear you right these pets will start with 1 card, and then grant 2 cards starting at adult, and then grant all 3 cards starting at epic? This will be unprecedented for pets to give 3 cards. Will we be getting other pets that award multiple cards like that?
That is correct! These pets will give three spells (similar to how some amulets give three spells) in an upcoming game content update. This is going to take some fancy programming on our part, so it may take a little longer than our community would like, but it will happen.

As for other pets like this, we'll all just have to wait and see!

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I4C gr8ness on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
how about Storm beetle? This one gives you FOUR cards at Mega level.

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Storm_Beetle

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
  • Babydactyl
  • Stegosaurus
  • Velociraptor
  • Therizinosaurus
  • Leaf Foot
  • Frilled Lizard
  • Penumbra Drake
  • Harpy
Thank you so much!!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
That is correct! These pets will give three spells (similar to how some amulets give three spells) in an upcoming game content update. This is going to take some fancy programming on our part, so it may take a little longer than our community would like, but it will happen.

Wow, that's great news! Thank you to all who are working to make that happen.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have a mega therizinosaurus, and i love the lernaean hydra.

i was also lucky enough to get a harpy drop from atlantea, and the spirit blast is awesome for my balance wizard; question is, why wasn't that spell invented sooner?

-v.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Ok, if I am understanding you correctly, then instead of talents we are currently able to get such as Spell-Defy, Spell-Proof and others that boost our wizards stats, will not be in the genetic code for all pets that give cards?

I currently stop training pets that are giving cards now. I prefer the resists and damage boosts over spell cards. I certainly don't want my current Leaf Foot altered.

Administrator
DragonLady1818 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Ok, if I am understanding you correctly, then instead of talents we are currently able to get such as Spell-Defy, Spell-Proof and others that boost our wizards stats, will not be in the genetic code for all pets that give cards?

I currently stop training pets that are giving cards now. I prefer the resists and damage boosts over spell cards. I certainly don't want my current Leaf Foot altered.
That is incorrect. This in no way changes the talents for your pet, this is only regarding the spell card that it gives.

Currently the pets in the list give one spell card at baby which is shown when you purchase the pet.
As you level the pet, instead of it giving you additional spells, the spell you were shown at time of purchase is being replaced by a different spell.

How it will work when this is updated, is instead of it replacing the spell you were shown at time of purchase it will grant an additional spell card for a different spell as the pet levels.

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
dayerider on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
how about Storm beetle? This one gives you FOUR cards at Mega level.

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Storm_Beetle
No, that gives you additional cards of the same spell.

We're talking about different cards of different spells.

Please see the list in my original post. Those are the only pets that will be changed.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
No, that gives you additional cards of the same spell.

We're talking about different cards of different spells.

Please see the list in my original post. Those are the only pets that will be changed.
right. I was simply listing a pet that gave you more than one card.

Community Leader
Well, thank you for the information Professor Greyrose!
We definitely will be updating our lists in the future at the Petnome Project with this vital information. I personally look forward to it as some of the cards are quite useful indeed.

As always you folks rock!

- Alric R.
The Petnome Project

Serving the community since 2010, we strive for excellence, bringing you the most accurate information on first generation pets! Visit The Petnome Project today!
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
That is incorrect. This in no way changes the talents for your pet, this is only regarding the spell card that it gives.

Currently the pets in the list give one spell card at baby which is shown when you purchase the pet.
As you level the pet, instead of it giving you additional spells, the spell you were shown at time of purchase is being replaced by a different spell.

How it will work when this is updated, is instead of it replacing the spell you were shown at time of purchase it will grant an additional spell card for a different spell as the pet levels.
Thank you Professor Greyrose for clarfyibg this.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
So, the theneziosaurus I have right now will be updated as well to have all the spells; or would i have to purchase another one and train him again?

And yes I can't spell that Dino's name lol

Administrator
Brandon Boom on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
So, the theneziosaurus I have right now will be updated as well to have all the spells; or would i have to purchase another one and train him again?

And yes I can't spell that Dino's name lol
The pet you already own will inherit all three spells automatically.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 29, 2009

that sounds awesome